cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP appear online in Smartzone 144 but status AP is not manage by SCG

nio_ernest_leza
New Contributor II

i have a new device which has a fresh installation. smartzone running 6.1.1.959. AP Ruckus R550(2) hast been tested on the device. appeared online on smartzone 144 but that AP status i think is not manage by controller. i cannot create a case due to no support license yet been activate and have a problem from our internal. the led light CTL is blinking and it supposedly steady once connected to controller. tried to get logs from AP please see below:

Oct 23 13:31:30 RuckusAP daemon.info hub_registrar: OCSP: Initial curl host ap-registrar.ruckuswireless.com connection check returns failure 1536
Oct 23 13:32:27 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:33:06 RuckusAP user.info syslog: bba: sta-2g=0 sta-5g=0 perc=25 sta-2g-expect=0
Oct 23 13:33:06 RuckusAP user.info syslog: bba: Good client distribution
Oct 23 13:33:32 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:34:35 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:35:44 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:36:30 RuckusAP daemon.info hub_registrar: OCSP: Initial curl host ap-registrar.ruckuswireless.com connection check returns failure 1536
Oct 23 13:36:50 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:37:56 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255
Oct 23 13:38:51 RuckusAP local2.err syslog: AP get the broadcast ip in its subnet, the broadcast ip is 192.168.9.255

AP connectivity to smartzone and smartzone connectvity to AP is ok. both pingable.

could you please help resolve this issue. appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nio_ernest_leza,

Yes, as soon as you register an AP to the controller, it consumes 1 AP lic, and same is true for ICX switches. This is expected behavior and as per product licenseing design.

If you have only 24 AP license, I suggest deleting rest of the APs for now and you can onboard them as you buy more AP licenses.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @nio_ernest_leza 

Could you please help us with the below information:
1. On the Controller GUI >> Access Points >> Click on the AP >> Click on the General information tab >> Send us the screen shot.
2. Administration >> System Info page >> Share the screen shot of License Status section.
3. From the AP CLI, get the below command output 
get scg
get version

hi sanjay,

thank you for your response. please see below:

Capture3.JPGCapture.JPGCapture2.JPG

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @nio_ernest_leza 

From the CLI output, the State is in "Join Req State", meaning it is trying to join the controller.
From the License page, looks like the AP license is already full, From the Access Points tab, can you confirm the Total number of APs Offline and Online?
If the total APs are more than 25, you might need to remove some offline APs to meet the AP licenses.

Also, you might have to use the below command if the licenses are not the issue post removing the offline APs.
# config
(config)# no ap-cert-check
Do you want to continue to disable (or input 'no' to cancel)? [yes/no] yes
Successful operation

(config)# lwapp2scg
(lwapp2scg)# policy accept-all
(lwapp2scg)# end

hello Sanjay,

i have 300+ total. we did add those ap for pre registration before we get the purchase license delivered. so you mean that only 25 AP will manage even though those offline aps not in use?

will follow your command and check the behavior of the AP