cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Not getting IP from DHCP Server

jhernandez
New Contributor II

Hi everyone.

I'm working with a second-hand r700 ap, but it's not being detected by the zonedirector. When I check my dhcp it seems that the ap is not getting an IP, even thought the switch port is already configured with all the vlans, actually, when I connect my laptop it's getting an IP. So I assume that it's not a problem with the switch or zn, I believe that it's a problem with the ap.

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jhernandez
New Contributor II

Hi.

The way I handled this was to manually set an ip in the access point. Once I did this, it’s mac appeared in the Arp table on the dhcp server

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jhernandez
New Contributor II

Btw, I already factory reset the ap

Hi @jhernandez 
Are you having issue even after doing the factory reset?
Ideally the AP will have trouble getting the IP if there is any 1. Static IP already set, 2. AP has different management VLAN. 3. AP is not initiating the DHCP packet.

However, factory resetting the AP should solve these 3 problems.

Are you able to login to the AP?
Packet capture will tell us if the AP is sending the DHCP packet or not.
You can connect a Windows laptop on the switch (with the same port config as APs) >> Run the Wireshark on the Laptop >> Check if there is any DHCP packets are seen.

Ajith_VS
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @jhernandez 

It would be necessary to collect packet captures on the Switch port to verify if the AP is actually sending a DHCP discover. If you do not see DHCP discover in the packet capture, it is likely that the AP is faulty.

Regards,

Ajith

jhernandez
New Contributor II

Hi.

The way I handled this was to manually set an ip in the access point. Once I did this, it’s mac appeared in the Arp table on the dhcp server