cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi issues with RUCKUS

jkloc
New Contributor

Wifi for RUCKUS appears with signal on my phone.  However, once I connect to it some things are not working.  For example, asking Alexa for music does not work.  I cannot connect to Spotify or SiriusXM.  However, internet appears ok.  Please help.  I did go through the reset procedures on the Amazon website.

2 REPLIES 2

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jkloc 

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS Internet setup is unstable. 

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and port connections)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Adam
New Contributor

If you're experiencing Wi-Fi issues while trying to stream music on Spotify through a Ruckus wireless network, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Here's a guide to help you get your music streaming smoothly again:

1. Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Start by checking the signal strength of your Wi-Fi connection. Weak signal strength can cause interruptions and buffering while streaming music. Make sure you're within range of your Ruckus access point and consider repositioning the access point for better coverage if needed.

2. Restart Your Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your devices can resolve connectivity issues. Try restarting your smartphone, tablet, or computer, as well as your Ruckus access point and any other networking equipment like routers or switches.

3. Update Firmware and Software: Ensure that both your Ruckus access point and your devices have the latest firmware and software updates installed. Manufacturers often release updates to address bugs and improve performance, so keeping everything up to date can help resolve compatibility issues.

4. Optimize Wi-Fi Settings: Check the settings on your Ruckus access point to ensure that Wi-Fi channels are not congested and interference is minimized. You can use tools like Ruckus' ChannelFly technology to automatically optimize channel selection for better performance in crowded Wi-Fi environments.

5. Prioritize Spotify Traffic: If your Ruckus access point supports Quality of Service (QoS) settings, consider prioritizing Spotify traffic to ensure that music streaming gets sufficient bandwidth and is not affected by other network activities.

6. Check for Interference: Interference from other electronic devices or neighboring Wi-Fi networks can degrade the performance of your Wi-Fi connection. Use Wi-Fi analyzer tools to identify sources of interference and adjust your Ruckus access point settings accordingly.

7. Reset Network Settings: If you're still experiencing issues, you can try resetting your network settings to default on your devices and reconfiguring your Wi-Fi connection from scratch. This can sometimes resolve stubborn connectivity issues caused by misconfigured settings.

8. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolves your Wi-Fi issues with Spotify and Ruckus, it may be helpful to reach out to Ruckus technical support or Spotify support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify if there are any known issues affecting your specific setup.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve Wi-Fi issues affecting your Spotify streaming experience on a Ruckus wireless network. Remember to test your connection after making any changes to ensure that your music streaming is smooth and uninterrupted.