cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solid AMBER (system) and GREEN (power) lights

manny_ajvalia
New Contributor

My switch is showing solid amber light for system and solid green for power.

My Access points are not receiving power.  

Please assist.

Thank you 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

Hello @manny_ajvalia ,

Thank you for the response.

From the response that was shared, I understand that you are having queries regarding the ports on the Switch.

The ports which are full duplex RJ-45 ports can be used for downlink resides on slot 1 of the switch and can be non-PoE, PoE/POE+ or PoH ports.

Th ports which are full duplex RJ-45 ports can be used as uplink data ports resides  on slot 2 of the these switches, the uplink port on switch is usually a higher-speed port used to connect a device to other higher-speed ones in the topology or smaller local network to a larger network.

All the devices including the Access points should be connected to one of the 12 ports of the switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

How can I find out if the ports are half duplex or full duplex?

Thanks.

Hello @manny_ajvalia ,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you would like to know how to identify the half duplex and full duplex ports in the Switch

You may find out if the port is full duplex or half duplex using the following commands after accessing the CLI of the Switch.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to access the CLI of the switch.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

Once you access the CLI of the switch, please use the following command to know if the port is half duplex or full duplex

Enable

Show interfaces brief

Also, please confirm if you have followed the steps from the article I have shared yesterday through the previous post. 

Were you also able to complete the reset on the Switch and was it performed multiple times?

If the reset does not work, the only option is to perform software recovery.

Please let us know if you are getting stuck at any point of reset or software recovery or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

Hello @manny_ajvalia ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran