cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Rolo106
New Contributor

how come my Linksys mesh system that’s 5 years old is faster than my Ruckus wifi in my Lennar smart home built in Nov 2020? Even the router Comcast gave me that’s in my upstairs closet is faster. I have the fastest speed offered by Comcast. Would like to get rid of everything and just use Ruckus but the speed sucks and has never been good or consistent. Could I have defective units? Please help. 

7 REPLIES 7

Please gain access to the Switch via SSH, Telnet or console and run the next commands, final share the results. We always advise t run the speed test via wire and wireless environment, so we can see if the switch is the issue or the Access Points.

1:Wire your computer directly to the ICX7150 Switch and run the speed test.

2:Connect your computer to the Unleashed Wi-Fi and run the speed test.

3:Finally gain access to the Switch and run the commands.

show run

show lldp neighbor

show mac-address

show interfaces brief

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

Hi! How to I run this hardwire test without a computer that has an Ethernet port? 

Hi @Rolo106 

There is no other way to test the wire speed, however you can connect via SSH or telnet to the Switch and provide the previous commands I have requested, also confirm while you run the speed test via wireless, what is the signal type your devices are connected, so we can also confirm if the issue is to the 2.4 signal or the 5G, from clients TAP you can confirm what signal you are connected, and run the speed test, finally provide the results as well in both signal, you must have to test different devices because the devices are the ones that choose the signal type, or create two test SSID/Wi-Fi signal using 2.4 and 5G only just for testing purpose.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community