cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi for ruckus is freezing and slowing up after power outage

Katrins74
New Contributor

HI there,

Our internet is not working properly after power outage. Streaming and video calls are impossible. I've read through a similar situations on your forum and trying to fix the code. I've connected my 2015 Macbook Air directly to the switch with a USB type C cable,  downloaded the driver for Mac, and then started to enter commands in the Terminal. I was using this message for reference: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Wifi-for-ruckus-is-freezing-...

After trying all the steps that is what I see on my screen: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 11.31.03 AM.png 

Please help me to solve the issue. 

Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

I ran diagnostics commands for both ports. Here are screenshotsScreen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.57.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.59.09 PM.png

Hi @Katrins74 

You need to go to 'enable mode first' then you can run the commands  

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-48ZP Router#

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Hi, what's next? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 5.20.46 PM.png

@Katrins74 

From Switch perspective, the Access Point speed cable negotiation is OK(1G), also you are running Switching code in the Switch, so the speed here will not be the issue, now we need to confirm which a speed test what source of your issues, take also into consideration that we depend on the ISP router, so if this unit is dropping all the internet will drop, please follow up the next steps.

1:Do not reload or reboot the Access points or the Switch anymore, it's not necessary.

2:Run the command show log from the switch and share the results.

show log

3:Wire a computer with an Ethernet cable to the Switch and run a speed test, you can just type speed test in google any option will work, use any of the yellow ports in the Switch. Finally, share those results.

Yarenis_0-1672669786885.png

4:Run the same speed test but know when the computer is connected via wirelessly the Unleashed network, and share the results.

5:Now run a speed test, but this time with the computer wire to your ISP router, and share the results.

6:Provide the logs from the Unleashed dashboard, so log in to the dashboard and share the logs, take in consideration that to log in to the unleashed dashboard you must be connected to the Unleashed wireless network and the credential is the same as Application.

Tap Admin & Services > Administration > Diagnostics > Logs>save system logs

Saving System Logs to Your Computer

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-0DA6A5D3-DC7C-4A2F-87D7-F24F...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

Hi Yarenis,

1. Got it. 

2. the screenshot after running show log command

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.43.58 AM.png

3. Can I connect my computer with one of the Ethernet cables that are already connected to the switch or that should be a separate Ethernet cable connected to one of the available yellow ports? 

4. How do I connect my computer to unleashed network? I typed in the IP address in the bar and password that is on the switch is not working (admin, Lennar).

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.58.14 AM.png

5. Do I wire my computer to the ISP router with a separate ethernet cable? 

6. Can't do #6. I can't log in to the unleashed page.