cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAPs have no power

SMS2024
New Contributor

I have three WAPs in my house and all are without power.  We have the main controller which has power but nothing else.  Things I have tried:

• Resetting the WAPs 
  • Resetting the main controller
  • Running a different ethernet cable to the WAP to see if the cable was the issue

If there is anything else I should try please let me know.  

7 REPLIES 7

Hi SMS2024

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

In your case, it may be that the PoE (Power over Ethernet) is disabled /corrupted/damaged.

Could you please perform the below commands in CLI/Console and check? Also please share the output of each command.

enable
show version

copy flash flash secondary
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

At what point in the process do I type those commands?  When I open Putty and type enable, it gives me an error message that says "unknown command" and ignores the command itself.  Is there a different set of instructions for where to enter these commands?

Hi SMS2024

Thank you for the response.

Could you please try to run the same commands and check from the console access of the Switch as described below?

By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow up the same commands as mentioned below:

enable
show version

copy flash flash secondary
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.