cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed app shows ap as offline but lights are on

danalbre
New Contributor

On my mobile unleashed app, one of my two aps is shown as offline, but both of the physical aps have all green lights. Is this some error specific to the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Imran,

It appears that was the case. When I viewed the device list from my AT&T router, I saw that one of the APs was connected as "static". I logged into the Unleashed system for that AP, changed the connection to DHCP and rebooted it. Now, it appears as DHCP on the router device list, but it is still on a separate Unleashed system from my other AP. Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please factory reset the APs once again as described previously. Perform a factory reset on the AP that you want as a Master. And after the factory reset make sure the Access Point IP settings are set to DHCP. Later you could plug/connect the other unplugged APs back to the Switch ports.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

I'm still running into issues here. I factory reset the AP I wanted to be master and ensured that DHCP was selected when I set up the network again. I double-checked via my router that it was a DHCP connection and then connected the other AP. However, the second AP booted up also as master (CTL light is on) and now when I check the connection of the first AP through my router, it shows as "static". Is it possible that it would switch on its own? I'm more than a little confused and generally fatigued with the whole process. Anything else I can check? Should I do another factory reset on the Switch? Can this be modified through the Switch Unleashed connection? One thing I noticed (that likely is irrelevant but maybe bears mentioning) is that there's a different logo for the Unleashed apps for each AP (see screenshots below). I assumed this should be the same for both, so I did think it a bit odd.

AP1AP1AP2AP2

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you have shared Two different RUCKUS Unleashed logos for AP1 and AP2, are you seeing Two different IP addresses for both the APs?

If yes, please log in to both the Unleashed systems and check the Unleashed Versions, both need to be on the same version in order to have a single Unleashed system with a Master AP and slave APs. (Please refer to the below screenshot to check the Unleashed Version).

Please confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Some progress! Yes, the APs were operating on different Unleashed versions - I'm not sure how one was updated and the other not. I went ahead and updated the one not on the latest version and rebooted it. This worked, but afterwards the power light on this AP was green and the CTL light was blinking green. I unplugged the other AP (already with latest version) and all lights lit up on the second AP. I plugged the first AP back in hoping it would connect as slave, but now it is sitting with the power light green and CTL light blinking green. Should I perform a factory reset again now that they're both using the same version?

Thanks,

Dan