cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset master AP

nitech
New Contributor

I have same issue as many others - tried so many times to reset by inserting a paperclip by holding for 20 seconds etc - but it doesnt get reset. it still shows me "Lennar-xxxxx" instead, I am expecting it to show "configure.me-xxxxx" - please help.

just fyi - I have primary WAP installed inside a QnQ panel in closet - I am resetting from here. do I need to reset the ones installed on ceiling?

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @nitech 

Thanks for your update

Please try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Hard reset the AP using a paper clip to factor default it. Press and hold the FD pinhole for 40 secs.

2. Create a Test SSID

3. Try to connect any client to the SSID.

Note: In case the client doesn't connect to 5GHz, then for testing, disable 2.4 GHz radio on the AP and try to connect to the AP on 5GHz to verify if the client is getting associated and the LED turns Green.

Please try the above mentioned steps to see whether the lights turn green or not.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

"2. Create a Test SSID 3. Try to connect any client to the SSID."

Request you to please explain in simple words - I am unable to understand what is "test SSID" and "client" in the above steps.

secondly, in spectrum wifi, I used to get "Wi-Fi 6" icon but now with ruckus, I get general wifi (wifi icon). anything you can help me to get the Wi-Fi 6? as its better.

Hi @nitech 

Please try to  create the new SSID by following the below link.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

First try to connect to 5 GHz by selecting the 5GHz and disabling 2.4GHz and verify if the client is getting associated and the LED turns Green.

Please try the above mentioned steps to see whether the lights turn green or not.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I was able to connect - thank you once again

but I still see yellow light in both the ruckus boxed on the ceiling. what could be the reason?

PFA screenshot of both.

processed (13).jpegprocessed (14).jpeg

Hi @nitech 

To solve this issue, we have to check whether is there any software issues. For that here I attach few guides to follow the steps.

This guide show you how to run an IP scanner in order to find the IP address if your Access Points ( Ruckus unleashed ) in order to access via IP via the URL 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once you find the IP address of the AP please enter the below URL in the web browser unleashed.ruckuswireless.com  or enter the IP address of the master AP.

Ruckus unleashed upgrade
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-unleashed-upgrade/td-...

Also please check whether the access points are upgraded to the same version or not.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community