cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to “copy flash flash secondary”

egon9
New Contributor

After a power spike my switch booted from secondary firmware (SPR) instead of (SPS). I tried “copy flash flash secondary” but received the below error. I then tried within the GUI and now after a “boot system flash primary yes” it only boots the second partition. Please assist. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @egon9 

Greetings!!!

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your communication and for acknowledging. 

We greatly appreciate your continued engagement.

Regarding the Switch upgrade process, we recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users. 

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface. (Same username/password you used to log into the web portal on a browser). Refer to the User Manual to check the step-by-step process.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for MacLink: Upgrade Software for Mac

2. Download the Upgrade software for WindowsLink: Upgrade Software for Windows

3. Access the Upgrade Software User ManualLink: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Kindly ensure that feedback on the upgraded software tool is provided.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

egon9
New Contributor

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @egon9 

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We appreciate the information you have provided regarding the issue with your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the SPR concern you mentioned. 

Based on the details provided, it appears that the booting issue may be attributed to the older 08090d version currently installed on your Switch.

Before proceeding further, could you please confirm if your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch has been assigned an IP address? 

If not, I recommend referring to our RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base for guidance on locating the IP address of RUCKUS devices. You can access the article using the following link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Once you have located the IP address, please verify it against the IP scan results under the names "Ruckus Wireless" or "Brocade Communications" to ensure accuracy.

Please inform me once you have confirmed the IP address and if you have any further inquiries. 

Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Thanks. Yes. I currently have an IP for the switch. 

I removed all boot preferences and was able to get it to boot from primary (SPS) for now until another power spike occurs. 

I was searching is the 09.0.10j_cd2 the lastest or recommended firmware?

Hi @egon9 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your communication and for acknowledging. 

We greatly appreciate your continued engagement.

Regarding the Switch upgrade process, we recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users. 

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface. (Same username/password you used to log into the web portal on a browser). Refer to the User Manual to check the step-by-step process.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for MacLink: Upgrade Software for Mac

2. Download the Upgrade software for WindowsLink: Upgrade Software for Windows

3. Access the Upgrade Software User ManualLink: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Kindly ensure that feedback on the upgraded software tool is provided.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi