cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing connection on ruckus icx 7150-c12p

Lorrie123
New Contributor

We had a power outage 5 days ago and our internet has been slow to non existent. We had our internet service provider out and checked that connection, it’s fine. How do we check the ruckus? We are still experiencing problems. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Lorrie123 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response.

I am glad to know that the issue is resolved now and it is connecting quicker.

You do not need to enter any other commands and you may exit the session now.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Hello @Lorrie123 ,

From the screenshots you shared, I see that you have installed the drivers and still you are unable to open CLI.

I will guide you step by step on how to access the Switch through the console. Please follow the steps as described below:

1.  Please allow some time for PuTTY to load for COM7. If it fails to connect, there should still be a COM Serial number displayed, as shown in the screenshot below.

2.  If this doesn’t work, I would request you to please try the same in the Mobaxterm app. 

Mobaxterm is a putty-like tool with a slightly different interface.

I would request you to please download the Mobaxterm app using the below link 

Mobaxterm: https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

Once you install , please follow the below steps:

3.If that approach also does not work, please provide a photo showing the console cables connected between           the RUCKUS switch and the laptop.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello Pinky,

we tried putty again, it identified Com7 but no CLI. We downloaded modaxterm next and  had the same results. I am attaching screenshots including our connections from the laptop to the ruckus. 

IMG_3127.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

Hello @Lorrie123 ,

Thank you for the response and sharing the screenshots.

From the response you shared, I see that you are able to access CLI  from the below screenshot:

As you are able to access CLI, I would request you to please follow the article I shared in the previous post to fix the Routing code issue.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to fix the issue when the Switch is running in the Routing code.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_3143.jpeg

Hello @Lorrie123  ,

I would suggest you to please ignore that TFTP timeout messages as it is a normal behavior.

Also, from the screenshot you shared, I see that the routing code issue has been resolved now.

Please check and let us know  if you are still facing intermittent or slow speed issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community