cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch reset not working

home_auto
New Contributor

New home was outfitted with Ruckus switch and 2 AP. I was able to reset and get the 2 APs working. The Switch on the other hand will not let me log in with the posted default password or other common passwords (admin & sp-admin    super  & sp-admin   admin & passoword). Those are the few I have tried. Any help would be appreciated.  

7 REPLIES 7

Jayavidhya

Hi @home_auto

For your information the switch is working fine because the access points are working, please confirm how you are trying to gain access from switch through WebGUI, SSH, Telnet, console?

Note: Taking consideration that the unleashed dashboard/ application have their own credentials and to manage the access points and the switch has other credentials to manage the switch.

These are the credentials for the switch.

Usernames:           Passwords:

admin                    sp-admin

super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

Best regards,
Jayavidhya.
Lennar Home Community

home_auto
New Contributor

Hi Jayavidhya,

I tried the set of username and passwords you sent along with a few other combinations and still unable to get access. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi @home_auto

Please try gaining access to switch via console and through CLI/console to perform a password recovery. After you have done with the password recovery you can fix the routing code issue.

Please follow the below guide to perform password recovery.

Password Recovery on a Ruckus ICX Tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

Recovery Process

1. Console access to the switch.

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

2. Reboot the switch with the console cable attached and press "b" until the following is displayed.

3. Using the following commands to remove the password

• no password
  • boot

4. Set new password commands.

Enable

config t

username super password pass

Where super is the username and pass is the password

Wr mem

exit

Reload

Are you sure? (enter 'y' or 'n'): y

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

home_auto
New Contributor

This was helpful thank you. I made it to step 3. While it was checking the POE info, it ran into TFTP session timed out. Ruckus.png