cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWITCH NOT WORKING

BrownFamily2010
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home, a ruckus switch, 2 APs, and for a week now, we have not been able to get a connection through the switch. lights are on on the APs, the network shows up but once connected, it shows the switch is offline. it makes no sense. I have no idea what to do, when i log into unleashed it says ICX7150-C12 IS NOT CONNECTED AND IT SAYS (PENDING-NO-IP), and I need my internet in order to get my job done, by this been not online it is causing my WIFI not to work in the house and it is not letting my phone connect to WIFI and my cable is not working correctly. As another user said, the "instructions" provided here are way over my head, I think it's ridiculous that it's taking me this long to get the issue resolved, and I still see no end in sight. can someone please help me? I don't know if it switch to another IP address. This site said to update the firmware but how can you do that and can't connect to connect to the switch. I can't even connect though unleashed because it is asking for a password and username.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Imran_ruckus

Hi @BrownFamily2010 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Okay I have tried it again and I must not know what I am doing because I cant access what you are asking me to do. Is there anyway someone can call and walk me through it. This is a BIG HEADACH and causing me issues with my JOB. I truly feel this is unfair to the costumer. Because if you are telling me to do something and I can't get it top work that must mean I am missing up some where. Can it be fixed if you all send my another switch. I need this to be WORKING ASAP. 

Hi @BrownFamily2010 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

We request you to follow the guide and please share the screenshots of the error or please let us know if you are stuck at any point of troubleshooting. We will help with it to proceed to resolve the issue. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Good evening I have done what I could to the best of my ability and still I can not get this **bleep** switch to work. You stated to follow the prompts you gave me, Well **bleep** I tried and could not get any results. You all act like talking on this forum is suppose to help this is NOT working at all how come I cannot talk with w real person. This is very upsetting and as of Friday I got WROTE UP BECAUSE THE **bleep** SWITH IS NOT WORKING FOR ME TO DO WORK FROM HOME. I am very disappointed and PISSED off now. I don't see how this forum is helping I need a real person to speak with to walk me thought what is needed to get back online and at this point I don't know what to do. Here are some pictures below. Question at what point do you all speak with me this is also a HUGH issue when my smart home all because the switch is not working. 1st it would say pending and than connecting (discovery) and than back to pending. I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE.IMG-0833.PNGIMG-0832.PNGIMG-0831.PNG

Hi @BrownFamily2010 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response. 

As we mentioned in one of our previous posts, we need the output of the commands to assist you further. Sharing the process once again below. We request you follow the same and please help us with the output of the commands.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi @Jordanniles 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @BrownFamily2010 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.