cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rukus support contact me asap.

Rukusisjunk
New Contributor

4 time this horrible system has logged me out and won’t let me get on my internet. APs don’t work, log in doesn’t work and no instants support when I work from home. I’m losing money and feel sorry for anybody that has to work with this product. I need someone from Rukus to contact me asap and fix this for good. Now Lennar customers are only supported by forum which is ridiculous. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Rukusisjunk 

I have provided you with the steps, if you have any restrictions on your computer to download the scanner, you have to check the permissions on your computer, you can also log into your ISP router and check the connected clients, you should be able to find the IP address of your Access Points from there. Another way to find the devices connected to your network is from the CMD of your computer by running the command arp -a, there you will get a list, and you should be able to see the MAC and compare it with your APs, so you can see which is the IP assigned to per AP.

How to find the IP of your Access Points:

1:IP scanner APP:

Yarenis_1-1668811451448.png

2:from CMD in your computer:

Start>type CMD>run the command arp -a>check the MAC matching with your Access Points:

Yarenis_0-1668811420811.png

For MAC computers:

Search for the terminal>run the command arp

3:Login to your ISP router and check the list of the connected clients.

Note:ensure that your Access Points lights are like the next example:

Yarenis_3-1668811560180.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Can I request for someone from Ruckus to reach out to me, remote in and fix it like they did in the past? I'm not a IT support. What happens when someone that doesn't understand this stuff runs into these issues and cant fix it based on the answers in a forum? Ruckus just lets them keep a non working product?

Hi @Rukusisjunk 

The support provided to Lennar clients is directly in this Forum, we tried to make our guides as less technical as possible, so all our customers can follow them without any problem.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

I tried everything you said twice and still nothing. My system has been down forever. Why does Ruckus not have a good option for support when this happens? How do I fix this? 

Hi @Rukusisjunk 

You should be able to run the scanner with no problems, because as you mentioned your Unleashed system is downs, but your ISP router should work, you can even wire a computer directly to the ISP router and download the scanner application to look for the IP address of the access point or switch, as you mentioned these happened before, and if the problem is that the switch is booting from the wrong partition causing the connectivity issues while connected to the Unleashed system, the only way to fix it will be to get access to the Switch through the web, however, it requires the IP address of the Switch, there is also an option to get access to the Switch without the IP address, but it requires access to the console using a USB to Type-C cable (the USB is plugged into the computer and the Type-C into your ICX7150 Switch) and execute commands, so let me add the two options, now if you are still having difficulties to fix your problem, you may require external help.

1:Find the IP address of the Switch, by wiring the computer directly to your ISP router, and run the scanner.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2:Once you know the IP address or the Switch, follow up the next guide.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

3:If you cannot fund the IP address for the Switch, you need to gain access via console by using the USB to type C cable (the USB will be connected on your computer and the type C on your ICX7150 Switch), follow up the next guide to gain access via console.

Yarenis_0-1670257400325.png

How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch'

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

RUCKUS ICX 7150 USB TYPE C CONSOLE (tutorial video for ICX)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXR4xhkw3q8

(Tutorial for MAC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AcJokMm78U

4:Once you gain access via console, run the next set of commands, you can even share the result, so we can guide too.

Note: if as for a password, must be the same you used with the Unleashed app, or you can try the next set:

Usernames:           Passwords:

admin                    sp-admin

super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

ICX7150-C12 Router#reload

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández