cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus wifi not working

vijaya173
New Contributor

Hi,

I flipped all the switches on my electricity breakers box to fix some other issue, but my wi-fi stopped working since then. No lights are blinking on the WAP box. Please help.

Thanks,

Viji

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

I followed the steps. Nothing is shown in putty. It just opened a black screen with a small green rectangle. Please see the following screen shots.

vijaya173_0-1707185059642.png

vijaya173_1-1707185157347.png

vijaya173_2-1707185200436.png

Please advice.

Thanks!

Hi @vijaya173 

To access by console you must install a driver so that the workstation/pc/desktop or laptop can recognize the cable

Make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file ,driver should be installed.

Link:https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

PeterK_2-1668190670003.pngPeterK_1-1668190512762.png

Please install the drivers, and then attempt to access again.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hi,

I already extracted and installed these drivers as shown in the link. When I connect the cable I see the port in Device Manager and I also see the device icon "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)"  under devices and printers. Please see both the screen shots I attached above. Nothing is shown in putty. It just opened a black screen with a small green rectangle. Please advice.

Thanks!

Hi @vijaya173 

If after attempting this, you still cannot access the ICX and nothing is displayed in PuTTY, please try using another cable. The cable should be Type-C to Type A (standard USB).

Please provide a picture of the ICX connected to the PC with the USB cable, showing the system lights on the switch.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hi,

I tried with a different cable, which is also Type-C to Type A. I also tried with different computer. I tried with both Putty and MobaXterm on both the computers with different cables of Type-C to Type A. I already extracted and installed these drivers as shown in the link. When I connect the cable I see the port in Device Manager and I also see the device icon "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM5)"  under devices and printers. Please see the screen shots I attached here. Nothing is shown in putty. It just opened a black screen with a small green rectangle. MobaXterm is showing "Error 5: Access denied" with one cable and showing a blank screen with different cable of the same type. Please advice.

Putty serialPutty serialPutty blank screenPutty blank screenMobaxterm serialMobaxterm serialMobaxterm errorMobaxterm errorMobaxterm blank screenMobaxterm blank screenTelephone ports1Telephone ports1Telephone ports2Telephone ports2SwitchSwitchComputer with cableComputer with cable