cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus switch ICX 7150 does not turn on - Ruckus team Q&A is a farce

Mars55
New Contributor

Internet working, RUCKUS Switch ICX7150 does not turn on. Ruckus support team is giving me the run around asking for pictures (already posted). I’m a Lennar Home customer and promised lifetime warranty for RUCKUS. It’s been 30 days and I have not received the RMA so I can replace this non working switch. RUCKUS need to honor the commitment of lifetime warranty. Send the RMA. Perhaps complaints should be filed at the Bettef Business Bureau. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mars55 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

As per the error we are getting on putty seems like the Kernel image is corrupt and Switch is flashing lights continuously. And Switch is not powering up normally when plugged into a well-known power outlet.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your understanding and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Mars55 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please provide an image/photo of where you have connected the cables to perform software recovery of the Switch? (Physical setup) like the following example: 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

The usb C cable plugged into laptop. Ethernet plugged from internet router to laptop. Pics attached. 

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

Hi @Mars55 

As I could see from the picture you shared, for software recovery we need to plug in only 2 cables and a power cord to the Switch. Type-C to USB and an Ethernet cable. Please unplug all other cables. As you have used an ethernet cable from the Router and the Laptop/PC. Please connect an ethernet cable from the Management port of the Switch to the Laptop/PC and try to perform software recovery once again. Please refer to the below pictures for connection setup.

Please perform software recovery once again and share the screenshots if you are getting any errors or are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

When I left connection in the below photo I received the attached boot error message

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1459.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

When I connected as instructed the Ethernet cable did not appear see photos

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

 the Ethernet appears when I plug from internet router to laptop see photos 

IMG_1466.jpeg

 Switch is still not working. What else do I do?

Hi @Mars55 

Greetings!!!

The cable connection setup must be as per the below picture you shared. You configure the IP for the Ethernet options. (Ex: Ethernet 1 or Ethernet 2)

Please check if a Serial connection as shown in the below screenshot. Please make sure you are using the correct COM port from the device manager. (In the below Example it is COM3)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi