cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****Ruckus indoor ap

BD
New Contributor II

The Ruckus in my home is working perfectly, however the indoor ruckus AP is completely dark.  One day it was working just fine and the next day it was not; none of the lights are lit. I tried to reset the Ruckus hoping that it would reset the AP.  It did reset, however the lights turned off after only a few seconds.  Because of this my guest network is not working and I have also lost connection to my ring doorbell.  I do not believe that it was struck by lightning however I am curious to know what is going on.  We moved into our home in 2018 and everything was brand new when we moved in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm after performing the reset of the Access Point, and checking all the connectivity and connections, the failure persists. And this is the only ONE access point that isn’t working with No Power on it even after checking with an external power adapter it behaves the same. This ONE Access Point Unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

You need to use a paper clip to unmount it. Please refer to the below video from 3:30 Minutes to learn how to get the AP off the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFD_ByQWGH0&t=42s

If it powers up with the 12 VDC external adapter, we can suspect that there might be some issue with the ethernet cable getting damaged or an issue with Switch ports that can be checked and resolved. If it doesn’t power up then we can check internally for the replacement. 

Please check and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

Thank you Imran.  I work a very busy schedule and am not able to try these solutions out right away, thank you for your patience.  I do not think that I have a 12VDC adapter in my home.  I have tried several different options and none of them fit except for 1, but I do not believe it is the right voltage, the plug says 100V-240V-50-60Hz.  Once I plugged this in, it did not power the device.  I will have to purchase a 12VDC adapter to see if it works.  

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device. (Please refer to the below screenshot showing the 12 VDC adapter)

Please check and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, the power adapter on my ISP's router is different.  I checked a few stores but couldn't find one. I ordered on from Amazon that should arrive today.  I'll update you once I get a chance to test it.

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Sure, please let me know once you test it or any update.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi