cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****Ruckus indoor ap

BD
New Contributor II

The Ruckus in my home is working perfectly, however the indoor ruckus AP is completely dark.  One day it was working just fine and the next day it was not; none of the lights are lit. I tried to reset the Ruckus hoping that it would reset the AP.  It did reset, however the lights turned off after only a few seconds.  Because of this my guest network is not working and I have also lost connection to my ring doorbell.  I do not believe that it was struck by lightning however I am curious to know what is going on.  We moved into our home in 2018 and everything was brand new when we moved in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm after performing the reset of the Access Point, and checking all the connectivity and connections, the failure persists. And this is the only ONE access point that isn’t working with No Power on it even after checking with an external power adapter it behaves the same. This ONE Access Point Unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know if you tried plugging the new ethernet cable into the different 12 ports of the Switch as highlighted in the below screenshot? Or tried connecting to the working AP's port on the Switch?

If not, please check and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

I connected the new ethernet cable to the 12 ports highlighted above.  After trying several different ports, there is still no power to the ap.  I also tried to connect an existing ethernet cable that is already in one of the 12 ports, but still no success.

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm after performing the reset of the Access Point, and checking all the connectivity and connections, the failure persists. And this is the only ONE access point that isn’t working with No Power on it even after checking with an external power adapter it behaves the same. This ONE Access Point Unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

Thank you

Hi @BD 

Thank you for the response.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi