cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus connectivity issue

Kmortenson
New Contributor

Hello. We had our power go out a few days ago and when it came back on our Access points didn’t have lights back on them / Wi-Fi wasn’t working anymore. 

We have internet through the ports hardwired throughout the house, but the Wi-Fi from the Ruckus is not working and there are no lights showing on the access points.

The router connected to wave can put off a signal, and the ruckus in the wall has all green lights lit up, just can’t get power/signal to the access points.

we have tried all of the steps on the forum. Any help will be appreciated!

60 REPLIES 60

I have tried the yellow cable in to the other ports as well and it gave the same error solution. The yellow ethernet cable plugged in the furthest to the right is connected to my console via USB-C. This set up worked perfectly fine to get in to the switch using the Putty APP until this most recent issue. Now I cannot get it to access the ruckus no matter what I've tried. 

Hi @Kmortenson 

While trying the to console access the switch please initiate the serial connection as mentioned below. Please read the guide carefully and follow the steps to console access the switch.

show inline power detail

show inline power detail debug-info

show chassis

show version

How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch'

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

If you did not provide the proof for hardware damage we cannot validate for RMA. So please try to follow the steps carefully and let us know.

Also please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

This didn't work either, I am still locked out of the Ruckus switch and everything you have tried to get me to do to console in has not worked. Since working with Ruckus on this issue it has only made the issues we were experiencing worse. 

Hi @Kmortenson 

As per the information you have shared after re- enabling the inline power it shows "main supply voltage low". To solve this issue please try upgrading the switch via Web GUI.

Here I attach the quick guide on how to upgrade the switch via Web GUI.

Upgrade a switch via Web GUI (ICX7150 Switch)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-an-Upgrade-vi...

If you find any issues while following the steps please share the screenshot of the error you are getting.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

HOW CAN WE UPGRADE IF WE CAN'T CONSOLE INTO THE SWITCH?!