cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus connectivity issue

Kmortenson
New Contributor

Hello. We had our power go out a few days ago and when it came back on our Access points didn’t have lights back on them / Wi-Fi wasn’t working anymore. 

We have internet through the ports hardwired throughout the house, but the Wi-Fi from the Ruckus is not working and there are no lights showing on the access points.

The router connected to wave can put off a signal, and the ruckus in the wall has all green lights lit up, just can’t get power/signal to the access points.

we have tried all of the steps on the forum. Any help will be appreciated!

60 REPLIES 60

Hi @Kmortenson 

Please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while trying for console access of the switch.

Only then we can find out the root cause of the issue.  Also please share the cable connections of the entire setup.

Vsquez_Fer_2-1666361087677.png

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I am doing the same thing I've done before to be able to access through putty, but now it won't even accept the connection anymore, even after restarting.  It is very frustrating that throughout this whole process seeking you're help, it has only made the problem worse and worse. error code (connection refused)error code (connection refused)WiringWiring

Hello any repsonse?

I am not sure how after 48 replies, we have come to the conclusion of our switch is "working fine". We cannot access the switch via Putty app to do any of the steps that you are asking, and the only response is a typical "copy and paste" response saying to do the same thing that we have told you we are unable to do. 

I have been able to re-enable inline power to the AP ports by entering the IP address into the web browser and logging in, only to have it fault out moments later saying main supply voltage low. 

Our system is clearly not working properly as we do not have any wifi being provided from the ruckus system and we can not maintain power to the APs. I have become extremely disappointed with the service, or lack there of provided from ruckus throughout this whole process. 

Hi @Kmortenson 

Please swap the cables marked in the below picture and check whether it works or not.

Also please share the connection of the console cable connected to the console port of the switch.

Also please confirm whether you have tried to console access the switch.  If not please try to console access the switch and share the output of the following commands.

Please follow the guide properly before trying to console access the switch.

show inline power detail

show inline power detail debug-info

show chassis

show version

How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch'

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community