Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Wi-Fi Not Working

kcyrus357
New Contributor

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5178.jpeg

Our Ruckus Wi-Fi network will not connect. I have restarted the router box (not sure if that’s what it’s called) multiple times as well as unplugged and replugged in all of the cords. Only 2 out of the 5 lights turn green on both of the Wi-Fi boxes (not sure if that’s what they are called). I’m not very tech savvy and I’m not sure what else to do. Please help. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Jayavidhya

Hi @kcyrus357 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

To find the root cause of the issue please share the image of the switch showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

IMG_5178.jpeg

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

Hi @kcyrus357 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As per the pictures you shared, the Switch lights seem to be normal, and there are no 2.4G and 5G lights on the Access Points meaning access points are not getting IP addresses from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Could you please check if your ISP is working fine?

If the ISP’s Internet connection is working fine, we may need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup: (Highly recommended in case you forget your Unleashed login credentials in the future)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Unfortunately I was not able to perform the reset due to not being able to remove the access points off of the ceiling. Are there any options to have a tech support representative come to my house to assist with this issue?