cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus WAP no longer working

ryanchapman
New Contributor

Yesterday my power went out for approximately 10 seconds. A couple of hours later all of a sudden my wifi stopped working. I have reset my modem, my router, and my ruckus device at least 5 times total. My process has been this:

Unplug Ruckus device...
Unplug router...
Unplug modem...
Wait 5 minutes...
Plug in modem...
Wait 5 minutes...
Plug in router...
Wait 5 minutes...
Plug in Ruckus device...
Wait 10 minutes...
Attempt to connect to the wifi...

Once connected, I am UNABLE to navigate to websites or anything. Randomly I will have brief moments of connectivity, in which a website will load, etc., but aside from that the wifi does NOT work. This has never happened before. I've had similar issues where I've needed to reset the Ruckus device, or follow a similar process as I outlined above, but never has it not worked after power cycling the whole system before. Also, for what it's worth, the wifi connections that are coming DIRECTLY from my router (bypassing Ruckus device) work just fine. So the issue is with the Ruckus device.

Please help, ASAP! I work from home, so I NEED wifi in order to work.

13 REPLIES 13

ryanchapman_0-1702931243022.png

ryanchapman_1-1702931318252.png

Okay this is officially pissing me off. I followed the instructions. there is nowhere on the console or in the IP scan results that shows "ICX-7150-C12P". I used Putty to SSH into my Ruckus device and the commands you sent are not valid.

I do not want to do this. I have better things to do, like work. Someone needs to come out here and help me with this. The instructions you sent me are bull**bleep**. I am a software engineer and the instructions are STILL not clear. I need this resolved NOW!

Hi @ryanchapman 

Thanks for your response,

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. 

We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model.

To solve this issue please share the screenshot of the image while scanning the IP addresses of the devices.

Also if remotely accessing the switch doesn't work please try access the switch via the console access and let us know the result.

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

ryanchapman_0-1702934201571.png

Here is a screenshot of all the IP Addresses that showed up in the IP scan.

Hi @ryanchapman 

Thanks for your response,

To view the correct IP address of the switch we need to check the IP list of the devices. Also the image you have shared was not clear so please share the clear image showing the IP addresses of the devices.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

IMG_4408.png

I don’t understand how the picture is not clear. It is extremely clear to me. Here are all the IP addresses from the scan.