cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch is no longer working.

wlobbjr
New Contributor

I have purchased a Lennar home, with Ruckus equipment. I have had SST which is the installation company Lennar uses out to check the system. The SST tech informed me that the Ruckus switch is the problem and I will need a new Ruckus switch. I have sent a request to customer support, I was just informed that this needed to be checked by a Ruckus engineer.  How do I get this done. Thank you 

37 REPLIES 37

I can access the switch if I go into the address and use the user and password, but I can not get access with putty. it will accept the user name, but not the password for super

Hi @wlobbjr

when you type the password, you will not see that you are actually typing the password, it is hidden, what you have to do is type the password and press 'ENTER' to accept it 

You can also copy the password paste it in a notepad and copy and with a simple right click, you will paste it on putty, let me add an example:

Note: the credentials are the same as you used when you access via the web.

example.PNG

Commands example and explanation:

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Good Morning

This morning the switch has stopped working. The power is plugged in, the power cable is securely plugged into the back of the switch. None of the information light are light on the front. 

Hi @wlobbjr 

Could you please provided us the pictures that shows that the ICX 7150-C12P is plug in an outlet or power source  and the front of the lights ? 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez  

9B7B47FD-A04D-41F3-BBD8-D7273C97E602.jpeg