cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510AP-No Lights-Ruckus Unleashed

YMM
New Contributor

I have 3 Ruckus R510AP & can't get the lights to come on.  The Ruckus Switch is located in a closet with my AT&T gateway & others (Ring, SmartThings, Luton, etc).  The Ruckus Switch is powered "on".  

I have rebooted the Switch numerous times (unplugged), reset all APs, removed the blue wires from the Switch and put them back in the ports, but still no lights on the APs.  I have also rebooted the internet and everything else in the closet.

I was able to see the 3 APs listed in the AT&T Smart Home Manager (they showed "offline"), but they have disappeared.

I am technology challenged.  I reviewed some of the other posts, but just couldn't figure out how to fix my problem.  

I can't log in to the Ruckus Unleashed app because I can't connect to the Unleashed network (unable to reach Unleashed network).

Can technical support/engineer please assist me with getting my 3 APs back online? Greatly appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31

Hello.  I download the "Fing" app to attempt to determine the IP addresses of the Switch and 3 APs.  The "Fing" app gives me the same information as my "AT&T Uverse Smart Home Manager" app in that it lists all devices & their information (IP address, MAC, etc).   Initially, I stated  that the Ruckus devices were listed in the AT&T Home Manager app, but they disappeared.   Same for the Fing app, the Ruckus devices are not listed/shown.  

There is a default IP address on the 3 APs, "192.168.0.1".  This IP address is the same on all 3 of them.  There is also the same user name and password on all 3 APs.  I have the MAC ID for the Switch, but don't see an IP address on the Switch box.

I am technology challenged.  I've been reading and ran across something that talks about Switch ports getting disabled, POE (power over ethernet).  In the AT&T Home app, under interfaces-mesh clients-status is "disabled".  Is Ruckus a "mesh client"?  I don't know what any of this means, just looking around trying to find something. 

At this point, I frustrated because nothing is working out.  I took off work today hoping I can get this working.  Is there a way we can do a conference call to work on my issue today????  Please let me know.

Thanks

Yarvete' McGee

Hi @YMM 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

If you are unable to get the IP address of the Switch, please try getting console access to the Switch and help me with the command outputs I shared previously.

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your laptop/PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB (Any one cable- please refer the guide)

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow and perform the commands and help with the outputs.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello.  I connected my laptop to the Switch, port 1.  I typed in the website on the pic and clicked on "download software", upper right of the screen.  I also tried clicking on the filename, upper right, CP210x_windiws_drivers.zip.  the next screen asks for a login and password.  Can't download the file.

Did I skip a step?  Please see pics attached.

20240718_124725.jpg

20240718_124638.jpg

20240718_124651.jpg

Thanks

Yarvete McGee

Hi @YMM 

Thank you for the update.

To download the files, please login with the same username/password you used to raise a post on this community portal.

Please let me know if any issues.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

YMM
New Contributor

Ok.  Please see attached.  I've gotten this far.  I have watched the utube video and I'm still lost.  I don't know what to do now.  The box where it says "choose COM port", it says:  COM3 (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)).

What do I do now?  Totally lost.

20240718_134749.jpg