cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510 factory reset but configure.me needs password, POE Port not working but other port is

gettlergang
New Contributor

I have a R510 AP that came with my Lennar home. It was working great and then it was not. The POE port is only working when powered by plugging it into a wall outlet.  I am using a Ubiquity POE switch and checked the configuration of the port. It has a green light but when I plug the ethernet cable into the POE there is no power but if I plug the power adapter it goes green. I completed a factory reset and can see the configure.com network but it is asking for a password. The serial number is not working and I have tried all the other passwords that are listed online. I am stuck at this point because I can not complete the set up with the AP from the Unleashed app or on my computer. What is causing the AP to not get power from the POE port? Did the port go bad? Is there a way to reset that port? I am confident that the POE port on the Ubiqutiy switch is working, it is green and I can see that it is connected on the admin dashboard for Ubiquity. I have gotten an IP address when connected to the non-POE port on the AP connected to a port on the POE switch. 

I have used a different ethernet cable as well. 

8 REPLIES 8

pinky_ruckus

Hi @gettlergang ,

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I trust you are doing well.

Thank you for providing the information regarding your RUCKUS R510 Access Point issue. Before proceeding further, I would appreciate your assistance with the following queries to better understand your setup:

1. You mentioned that you have an R510 AP that has the issue you mentioned. Could you please just confirm if you have multiple R510 APs, or is this the only one experiencing issues?

2. When you mentioned the AP is powering up by plugging into a wall outlet, could you clarify which device the cable from the wall outlet is connected to?

3. Has this AP previously functioned with the same switch you mentioned?

4. If not, since you are using a PoE switch from a different vendor, could you provide the model number and confirm if it supports power transmission for a PoE Class-3 device like the R510? (Refer to the information below in the screenshot for details.)

Additionally:

5. If you are obtaining an IP address from a non-PoE port, please attempt to access this IP address via a web browser to check for the RUCKUS Unleashed login dashboard.

Kindly respond with answers to all the above questions and let me know if there are any further inquiries.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Here are the answers to your questions below

1.You mentioned that you have an R510 AP that has the issue you mentioned. Could you please just confirm if you have multiple R510 APs, or is this the only one experiencing issues?  We have 1 R510 AP

2. When you mentioned the AP is powering up by plugging into a wall outlet, could you clarify which device the cable from the wall outlet is connected to? It's the AP device that the cable from the wall outlet is connected to. It is plugged in directly to a wall outlet for power while I am testing it. When it is mounted on the ceiling, it only works via POE because there is no power outlet close.  I currently have the AP down from the ceiling and have had a working ethernet cable (confirmed that it is a working cable) connected to the POE port on the AP into the same POE port it has been on and we do not get any power. 

If I plug a power cable into the AC port directly to a wall outlet and have an ethernet connected to the POE, it works. The other port works as well. 

I did go into the POE switch and turned on Eth 0 because it was off when I was looking how to troubleshoot that in case it was the POE switch. I have the interface configuration for Eth 0 set to 48v. When that was completed I got a green light which I didn't get before but the POE still did not work using the POE port, only plugged into a wall outlet. 

3. Has this AP previously functioned with the same switch you mentioned? Yes, it worked with the current Ruckus POE switch that we have had for several years. Other items (solar data cable, bedrooom ethernet ports) are working with it. 

4. If not, since you are using a PoE switch from a different vendor, could you provide the model number and confirm if it supports power transmission for a PoE Class-3 device like the R510? (Refer to the information below in the screenshot for details.) It is the same one and works fine with other devices. The switch is a Ubiquiti 5 port router POE model ERPoe -5

5. If you are obtaining an IP address from a non-PoE port, please attempt to access this IP address via a web browser to check for the RUCKUS Unleashed login dashboard. I was able to get an IP address and logged into my unleashed account. Since then I reset the AP to factory settings and now I have to set it up. 

I am getting the configure.me wifi but none of the passwords are working when I attempt to connect to it on my phone using the Unleashed app and complete the set up. Now I am stuck and need the password. Hopefully you can help with that. I have tried the serial number and all the combinations that are listed online for Lennar users (ie: Lennar, Lennar1, Ruckus1 etc...) I am hoping once I get the AP back on with a wifi address, it may work when I plug it into the POE. 

Previous to all of the steps I did above, I have tried to do a software update but it is not working. The option to update is grayed out and so is the manual selection. That is when I decided to reset the AP to factory settings.

At the moment I don't have an IP address until I set it up from factory reset that I completed but can't finish without the configure.me password. 

Thank you for all the help! I look forward to hearing back from you.

Alia Gettler

Hello @gettlergang ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the description, I could understand that you are unable to login to the Unleashed App.

As you mentioned you tried using the IP Address of the Access Point, you should see the below-Unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in

Once you see the above dashboard, please try to use the default combination credentials as mentioned below.

Please check and confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello @gettlergang ,

Thank you for the information you shared.

Upon reviewing the case description, I would like to suggest the following steps to address your issues:

First, please connect the AP to the RUCKUS Switch and check if the AP is receiving power via the Switch's PoE port, as you mentioned that you have been using the RUCKUS Switch so far.

Regarding the Unleashed system upgrade, you noted that you were attempting to upgrade but the upgrade option is greyed out. Kindly try updating the Unleashed system using a different browser, preferably Mozilla Firefox.

For the factory reset, please perform a factory reset of the AP using only an external power adapter. If it is broadcasting "configure.me" and requesting a password, try configuring it on a different laptop. Ensure that you perform the AP factory reset using a laptop on a web browser, not through the application on your phone.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to factory reset the AP and create new Wi-Fi network.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.