cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 Stuck in Boot Mode - No Success with Hard Reset or Software Update

ndmaynard
New Contributor

Hello - 

I appear to have similar issues that an earlier poster highlighted via below:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/ICX7150-switch-boot-mode/m-p...

When I reset, the CLI displays:

"Bad FTT kernel image format! 
ERROR: Can't get kernal image!"

I have tried following the software recovery steps at below link, using latest ICX-7150 Stability Release (RUCKUS ICX FastIron 08.0.95n (GA) Software Release (.zip)  using ttftp64 to load the SPS08095nufi.bin file via PuTTY CLI, but appear to get errors when i use "update_primary" and "update_secondary" commands.  Note that I have confirmed that my ping to 192.168.0.2 is alive, so connection should be OK.  The firmware download file for the Stability release included "Images" files but did not include "Boot" files as mentioned in the below walkthrough...

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

My printenv output is below:

baudrate=9600
ipaddr=192.168.0.3
serverip=192.168.0.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
gatewayip=192.168.0.2
uboot=maz10115.bin
image_name=SPR08090d.bin
ver=10.1.15T225 (Jan 30 2019 - 23:08:47 -0800)
Environment size: 189/16379 bytes

Please let me know if you can help support and let me know if I am doing something incorrectly or using the wrong firmware download files.  Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ndmaynard 

Thank you for your response and the provided information.

Please be aware that the latest UFI versions do not include the boot folder, as it is only present in non-UFI versions.

As previously indicated, our software recovery process utilizes version 08090k. We recommend initiating the software recovery using this version and subsequently proceeding with the upgrade to the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Hello @ndmaynard 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope this message finds you well.

I appreciate the information provided regarding the issue with the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch experiencing random internet drops after the software recovery.

To facilitate a more comprehensive assessment and assistance, I kindly request that you provide pictures of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, showcasing the status of the lights and the full cable connections to the Switch ports, as depicted in the image provided.

Before uploading the photos, please ensure you are logged in to your RUCKUS account, where you can upload the images.

Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide response to the query mentioned.

Should you have any further inquiries or require clarification, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thanks for the quick response - let me know if this picture is sufficient or if you need me to zoom in somewhere.  

Some context:

• Yellow cables are connected to the R510 units
  • Orange cable is connected to Cable Internet Modem
  • Black cables are connected to a wired outlet board that allows us to connect LAN cables in rooms throughout the house
  • There are no cables connected to the ports on the far right side

IMG_0220.jpg

Hello @ndmaynard 

Thank you for your response and the detailed information provided.

I'm glad to see that the light status and cable connections to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch are normal based on the picture shared.

To further troubleshoot the connectivity issues, I recommend following the suggestion to create separate WLAN SSIDs for 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies. This can help isolate any potential interference or compatibility issues. You can refer to the following resources for guidance on creating new WLAN SSIDs:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...
Video Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU

Additionally, if your R510 Unleashed APs are running on an older version, I recommend upgrading them to a recommended version. You can find detailed instructions on the upgrade process in the following RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Please feel free to reach out if you have any queries or require assistance at any point during the process. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thanks for providing the guides - was able to update the AP firmware and create the separate 5G vs. 2.4G WLAN.  I will monitor the behavior over the next few days and report back if still having reset issues.  

Hi @ndmaynard 

I appreciate your prompt response and the provided update.

Certainly, I request your monitoring of the situation and regular updates to keep me informed.

Once again, thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi