cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P wired internet connected and working but no wireless network.

lennarhome21
New Contributor II

I have a Lennar home and AT&T Fiber for a few years. I have had issue with Ruckus before but most of the time rebooting would resolve it, until today. 

My Ruckus has dropped wifi network today and after rebooting it comes up but dropping soon after (cannot find Wifi network name on Computer and phone). The smart home hub and all other devices that are wired connected to the other ports of the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P switch still works. And my wireless network from AT&T modem/router also works. 

I've tried to rebooting the Ruckus switch a few times but the problem still persists. Can you please advise?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lennarhome21 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for your time and patience.

Based on the troubleshooting conducted and our discussion in private chat, it appears that your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is consistently encountering a fatal PoE error when attempting the upgrade through various methods on the CLI. Despite trying all available options, the issue persists. It’s a symptom of hardware failure. Therefore, the most appropriate course of action would be to initiate an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) for the switch unit, essentially replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

lennarhome21
New Contributor II

hi Imran - any Suggestions for the error above ?

Hello @lennarhome21 

Thank you for your response and the update provided.

Please ensure that you are using the correct IP address of the TFTP server. You can find this information using the command prompt with the 'ipconfig' command.(Refer images below)

Kindly verify and check with the correct IP address.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

hi Imran - yes I had followed that step and get the IP of my computer. It seems that the issue I encounter is when I select that IP (172.21.224.1) in tftpd64 interface, after a few minute it reverts back to the 127.0.0.1 Software loopback interface 1" 

I suspect that is why it cause the session timeout error in putty while I run the boot command

telnet@ICX7150-C12 Switch#copy tftp flash 172.21.224.1 spz100114.bin bootrom
     telnet@ICX7150-C12 Switch#TFTP session timed out

TFTP to Flash Error - code 5

Hi @lennarhome21 

Thank you for the response.

Please check your private texts for further steps and reply there itself. (Refer to the below screenshot- it will be at right top corner on the this website portal)

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @lennarhome21 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for your time and patience.

Based on the troubleshooting conducted and our discussion in private chat, it appears that your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is consistently encountering a fatal PoE error when attempting the upgrade through various methods on the CLI. Despite trying all available options, the issue persists. It’s a symptom of hardware failure. Therefore, the most appropriate course of action would be to initiate an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) for the switch unit, essentially replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi