cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P not working

tgaroma
New Contributor

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P not working is working after a power outage. We have to fix the issue with this post

on "How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch". However, the issue is persisting. We need help. This has been going on for several weeks. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tgaroma 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process, the failure persists. Switch has corrupt kernel image . This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @tgaroma 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not after a power outage.

Please let us know the answers to the below query to assist you better.

On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answer to the above query and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello Imran,

When the ICX-7150-C12P is plugged in, the power is green and the SYS  is orange. There are no lights on the other switch ports.

I have also included a picture of the modem. The orange line from the modem is connected to the switch.

Power - green & SYS - OrangePower - green & SYS - OrangeModem - Orange line from modem is connected to ICX-7150-C12PModem - Orange line from modem is connected to ICX-7150-C12P

Hi @tgaroma 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

I see from the picture you shared, that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch has an Orange/Amber light on SYST and Green on PWR. This means the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article explaining the process to get this issue resolved.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the process and let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello Irman,

I have tried those steps as I noted in my previous post

To summarize:

1. First, we can try to reset the Switch using a paper clip as described

I tried to reset the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P. I unplugged the power, held the reset with the pin, and connected the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P power. I released the pine after the status lights flight for a few seconds. This was repeated about 15 times, but it did not resolve the issue.

2. Perform the Software recovery process in the second solution

The major challenge here was finding the IP address for Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P. I scanned my network with https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ but ICX 7150-C12P was not assigned an IP address. I confirmed this by scanning the network with ICX 7150-C12P plugged into power and unplugging it.

So, I need help with how to ISP can assign an IP address to the ICX 7150-C12P

Thank you