cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P not working

tgaroma
New Contributor

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P not working is working after a power outage. We have to fix the issue with this post

on "How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch". However, the issue is persisting. We need help. This has been going on for several weeks. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tgaroma 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process, the failure persists. Switch has corrupt kernel image . This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @tgaroma 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please note, the Switch stuck on boot mode doesn't get any IP assigned by the ISP Router. However, software recovery process doesn't require Switch IP address. Everything in this process is a manual configuration.

Please refer to the link shared in my previous process and follow the Software recovery process once again. Please share a screenshot if you get any error or stuck at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

I have followed the guidelines and stuck at the following.

I used Microsoft Surface Pro for this purpose. I used a USB (data cable) to connect the switch to the Surface Pro (the switch is detected by the Surface Pro). 

Downloaded Putty and TFTP on the Surface Pro.

Downloaded the firmware.

Assigned IP address

When the putty was launched, I got a blank screen . I DID NOT GET  "boot>" as anticipated

I have attached pictures of each step. Please advise what to do next.PortPortTFTGTFTGIP assignmentIP assignmentblank puttyblank puttyfirmwarefirmwareputty configurationputty configuration

Hi @tgaroma 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know if you installed the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch drivers in your laptop?

If not, please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file,  driver should be installed. Then you can retry once.

Link:https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran,

I installed both and that didn't solve the issue. Please advise what would be the next.

I have a MacBook Pro. If you would like me to try to recover the software with it, send me the guidelines.

Imran,

I have worked on it over the weekerror mesageerror mesageconnection to computer - a normal USBconnection to computer - a normal USBconnection to switch - Type-C USBconnection to switch - Type-C USBend. I did make progress, but this time I am getting an error message ... TIMEDOUT. I have attached pictures of the error and the connections. 

FYI.. For the connection, I used a USB console cable with a Type-C connector (on one side you will have a Type-C USB and on the other side a normal USB). See the pictures attached.

THANK YOU