cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P dumb switch not working after a reboot

kjcamut
New Contributor

Lennar home with Linksys router that provides internet to Ruckus dumb switch ICX 7150-C12P and 3 Access points. Linksys reboots and provides internet but no longer able to connect to the Ruckus.  Is there a software update or fix for this?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @kjcamut 

Sorry but no, that seems to be more like an IP address than the software version. Where did you find it?

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

telnet@ICX7150-C12-Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
telnet@ICX7150-C12-Switch#show version
Copyright (c) 1996-2017 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All rights reserv ed.
UNIT 1: compiled on Aug 14 2017 at 06:54:44 labeled as SPS08061a
(24723488 bytes) from Primary SPS08061a.bin
SW: Version 08.0.61aT211
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 786944, Version:10.1.10T225 (mnz10110 )
Compiled on Sun Jun 25 09:25:15 2017

HW: Stackable ICX7150-C12-POE
==========================================================================
UNIT 1: SL 1: ICX7150-C12-2X1G POE 12-port Management Module
Serial #:FEK3203P11Y
Current License: 2X1G
P-ASIC 0: type B160, rev 11 Chip BCM56160_B0
UNIT 1: SL 2: ICX7150-2X1GC 2-port 2G Module
UNIT 1: SL 3: ICX7150-2X10GF 2-port 20G Module
1000 MHz ARM processor ARMv7 88 MHz bus
8192 KB boot flash memory
2048 MB code flash memory
1024 MB DRAM

Hi @kjcamut 

I want to express my appreciation for sharing the information.

I've observed that the ICX is currently running an outdated version (SPS08061a). However, it's essential to note that this may not be the root cause of the issues you're encountering. To provide you with the most effective assistance and resolution, I kindly request more details regarding the problems you are experiencing.

Would you please respond to the following inquiries:

1. Could you describe the specific symptoms or issues you encounter when connecting to the Ruckus Wi-Fi (different from your Linksys router)? For instance, are you facing problems like websites not loading, devices disconnecting or experiencing functionality issues, network disruptions at random intervals, smart devices unable to connect to the internet, the Unleashed dashboard occasionally displaying "Disconnected" in the Internet tab, being unable to connect or use the Unleashed APP or web dashboard, or any other issues? Is it your Ruckus-network name showing up?

2. Could you describe the status of the lights on your access points (devices in the ceiling)? These access points have several indicator lights, including PWR, CTL, AIR, 5G, and 2.4G. Are these lights solid green/amber, flashing, red, or not lit at all? (Previously you only shared the photo of one access point where the PWR and CTL are green but I'm not sure if they are solid or blinking) 

Your responses will help us better understand and address the issues you are facing.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

1. The issue we experienced is the wireless connection for Ruckus that we normally attach to never comes back up and cannot be connected to.

2. The WAPs are not lit except PWR - Green, CTL - flashing green.

As an update, i rebooted both the Linksys and Ruckus by powering them down and up for the at least 10th time in the past 4 days and after 30  minutes the Ruckus wireless we normally connect to returned.  Although this is a temporary fix, who knows when this will happen again.  your thoughts on next steps appreciated.

Hi @kjcamut 

Thank you for the information provided. 

Please follow the steps to perform a factory reset of your Access points

Physical Factory Reset Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens