cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Won't Turn On

Oregondak
New Contributor

My Ruckus ICX 7159-C12P completely died recently.  I've always had intermittent issues with it, but now it's completely dead.  When plugging it in to any wall outlet, it flashes all amber for a split second, then never turns on.  I've tried multiple outlets and none work, so there must be something wrong internally.  Is this unit out of warranty?  I got it with my home purchase from Lennar in August of 2018.  If it is out of warranty, can it be repaired?  If not, do you have a good spot to purchase a new or refurbished on online?

*I also tried the reset procedure using the button on the front and it did nothing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Oregondak  

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up, and when plugged in, it flashes an amber light and then goes dark. And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source. Also tried to reset the Switch. However, the failure persists. This unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Oregondak 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up after a power outage. 

Could you please try to check by replacing another Power cord with the Switch? In case the current power cord had damaged. 

Also, please try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I tried both of those suggestions and it still does not work.  The amber LED's just blip on once really quick when plugging it in, then nothing ever turns on again.  

I found a link on someone else's posts on here that included a quick gif of what happens when they plug in their bad unit (see link below).  This is exactly what happens on my unit.  Can I get it replaced?  

https://gfycat.com/coolflimsybushbaby

Hi @Oregondak 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As a part of our process, we need to confirm this with a picture.

Could you please plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a power outlet and send us a picture of it showing the light status, and cord connected to the Switch and power outlet? Please refer to the below picture as an example.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.