cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Continues to Disconnect from Internet - Who Can Fix?

Khball
New Contributor III

I continually get disconnected from the internet. I want to find a knowledgeable technician to fix the problem. Amazon techs for Lennar homes are not available in my area and neither is phone support. What service company is familiar with this problem and can fix it?  Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Khball
New Contributor III

INFORMATION REQUESTED IN CAPS:

1. Can you confirm if your RUCKUS setup was previously operational, and if there were any power outages before the issue began?  IT WAS OPERATIONAL BEFORE APRIL 22, 2024.  I TRIED TO SET UP SURROUND SOUND (SONOS) AND IT WASN'T WORKING SO CALLED RUCKUS SUPPORT AND WAS TOLD IT'S NOT SUPPORTED AND IT'S A KNOWN ISSUE WITH NO ETA TO A FIX.  I TRIED TO REVERT BACK BUT NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED.

2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.  IT'S IN THE CEILING AND WAS INSTALLED BEFORE I MOVED IN.  THE CEILINGS ARE VERY HIGH SO I CAN'T REACH IT.  THE GREEN LIGHTS ARE LIT FROM LEFT TO RIGHT IN 1, 2, 4 (IS DIM), 5.  3 IS NOT LIT.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.  I HAVE COMCAST AND HAVE RUN A DIAGNOSTICS AND IT'S FINE.  I'VE CHECKED FOR OUTAGES AND THERE AREN'T ANY.  THIS DISCONNECTION IS CONTINUOUSLY HAPPENING AND IS HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON MY AT HOME WORK EVERY DAY.  I WORK WITH CLIENTS AND MY CONNECTION IS CRITICAL TO MY WORK.

4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.  SEE MY RESPONSE IN #2.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hello @Khball,

Thank you for your response.

The image you provided is of the RUCKUS Access Point. Could you please share a photo of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch located in the networking cabin? Please refer to the screenshot below for reference on how it looks like.

Your assistance in providing this photo would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Khball
New Contributor III

I don't know where this would be.  I thought it was just the Ruckus on the ceiling.  Please advise.

Hi @Khball 

Thank you for the response.

It is the device to which the Access Point from the Ceiling is connected. I will typically be located in the Networking cabin. Please refer to the highlighted screenshot below for clarification.

Your assistance in providing this photo would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Khball
New Contributor III

Khball_0-1721332082542.png

Hello @Khball 

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Based on the light status and connections observed on the RUCKUS Devices, everything appears to be in order.

We recommend performing a factory reset on your RUCKUS R510 Access Point and configuring it with a new Wi-Fi Network/SSID.

For detailed instructions on how to perform the factory reset process, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article available here: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please note: You will need to press the reset button on any ONE of the Access Points for 15-20 seconds. If the Access Point is ceiling-mounted, you may need to temporarily unmount it to access the reset button.

If you encounter any difficulties during the factory reset process, please feel free to reach out for assistance.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi