cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Continues to Disconnect from Internet - Who Can Fix?

Khball
New Contributor III

I continually get disconnected from the internet. I want to find a knowledgeable technician to fix the problem. Amazon techs for Lennar homes are not available in my area and neither is phone support. What service company is familiar with this problem and can fix it?  Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Khball
New Contributor III

INFORMATION REQUESTED IN CAPS:

1. Can you confirm if your RUCKUS setup was previously operational, and if there were any power outages before the issue began?  IT WAS OPERATIONAL BEFORE APRIL 22, 2024.  I TRIED TO SET UP SURROUND SOUND (SONOS) AND IT WASN'T WORKING SO CALLED RUCKUS SUPPORT AND WAS TOLD IT'S NOT SUPPORTED AND IT'S A KNOWN ISSUE WITH NO ETA TO A FIX.  I TRIED TO REVERT BACK BUT NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED.

2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.  IT'S IN THE CEILING AND WAS INSTALLED BEFORE I MOVED IN.  THE CEILINGS ARE VERY HIGH SO I CAN'T REACH IT.  THE GREEN LIGHTS ARE LIT FROM LEFT TO RIGHT IN 1, 2, 4 (IS DIM), 5.  3 IS NOT LIT.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.  I HAVE COMCAST AND HAVE RUN A DIAGNOSTICS AND IT'S FINE.  I'VE CHECKED FOR OUTAGES AND THERE AREN'T ANY.  THIS DISCONNECTION IS CONTINUOUSLY HAPPENING AND IS HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON MY AT HOME WORK EVERY DAY.  I WORK WITH CLIENTS AND MY CONNECTION IS CRITICAL TO MY WORK.

4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.  SEE MY RESPONSE IN #2.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Khball 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering intermittent internet connectivity. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. Can you confirm if your RUCKUS setup was previously operational, and if there were any power outages before the issue began?
2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.
4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

Please upload these photos to your RUCKUS account before proceeding. 

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Khball
New Contributor III

INFORMATION REQUESTED IN CAPS:

1. Can you confirm if your RUCKUS setup was previously operational, and if there were any power outages before the issue began?  IT WAS OPERATIONAL BEFORE APRIL 22, 2024.  I TRIED TO SET UP SURROUND SOUND (SONOS) AND IT WASN'T WORKING SO CALLED RUCKUS SUPPORT AND WAS TOLD IT'S NOT SUPPORTED AND IT'S A KNOWN ISSUE WITH NO ETA TO A FIX.  I TRIED TO REVERT BACK BUT NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED.

2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.  IT'S IN THE CEILING AND WAS INSTALLED BEFORE I MOVED IN.  THE CEILINGS ARE VERY HIGH SO I CAN'T REACH IT.  THE GREEN LIGHTS ARE LIT FROM LEFT TO RIGHT IN 1, 2, 4 (IS DIM), 5.  3 IS NOT LIT.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.  I HAVE COMCAST AND HAVE RUN A DIAGNOSTICS AND IT'S FINE.  I'VE CHECKED FOR OUTAGES AND THERE AREN'T ANY.  THIS DISCONNECTION IS CONTINUOUSLY HAPPENING AND IS HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON MY AT HOME WORK EVERY DAY.  I WORK WITH CLIENTS AND MY CONNECTION IS CRITICAL TO MY WORK.

4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.  SEE MY RESPONSE IN #2.

Hello @Khball 

Thank you for your prompt response and the detailed information provided.

As per my previous message, could you please share a photo of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch displaying its current light status and the cable connections to its ports? For your reference, you can use the screenshot below as a guide.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions regarding this request.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Khball
New Contributor III

Khball_0-1721319399403.png