cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus APs not working

Kanakaboy92
New Contributor

Hello,

I woke up today to my ruckus APs not broadcasting their SSIDs. After some research I was thinking maybe they upgraded their firmware overnight and the new unleashed firmware may require the ICX7150 to be on newer firmware as well. I updated the switch to 8.0.95B from 8.0.90B, but the three APs still wouldn’t connect. 
They’re only online intermittently which is making it difficult to diagnose the issue. 
One of the APs, when online, shows “building the unleashed network” on the web interface. All three APs have static IPs assigned by the router (ubiquity ER-4). 

Any direction in getting these APs back online (ideally with their current configuration as I run multiple VLANs) would be very appreciated. 

Thank you

24 REPLIES 24

Hi Imran,

I have tried on all three of the APs one at a time but they each enter a boot loop and I’m unable to complete the setup process. They only stay online for about one minute before going through the boot loop cycle again. This isn’t enough time to join the configure.me network and start the initialization process. I tried on both mobile and pc. 

Is there some secret to get them to stay online long enough to initialize them? I’ve been going through this step for hours. 

Hi @Kanakaboy92 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Could you please replace the ethernet cable with another stable/working one to the factory reset Access Point and repeat factory reset process once again? This issue we have seen in some cases is due to defective Ethernet cables.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

I tested the cables with an Ethernet cable tester. They’re all fine. 
I also used another cable to try to factory reset, but it is still not working. 

thanks 

Hi @Kanakaboy92 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know if you have an external power adapter to connect to the R510 Access Point and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable? (Please refer to the below screenshots)

Please confirm.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I have a 12VDC power adapter from another company that should work. 
what steps do I take next?