cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus APs dropping WiFi Connection

pushpa_hegde
New Contributor III

My ruckus wifi keeps dropping connections randomly. Sometimes it lasts hours and sometimes a few minutes. As with the other posts, it started randomly last week or so. The outside internet is good as my computer switches to the wireless router that feeds the switch has good internet. 

What I have seen is when we lost the internet, the green stat light on the switch disappears and instead an amber light flashes. Then it goes through the power cycle, turns on to a solid green stat light and all the APs reboot themselves. A 5-10 minute process all together. 

I have had no changes to the setup in the last 3 years we have owned the home. 

Was a firmware pushed out to the switch that is causing the spate of issues?

15 REPLIES 15

No such luck 😞 

The switches rebooted again. Same as before. What do we do now?

Hi @pushpa_hegde 

For detailed understanding of the issue please let us know how many access points are connected to the switch.

Please let us know whether you have upgraded the APs to the newer version or not.

If yes, please check whether the Access points are upgraded to same firmware version or not.

Once you have confirmed it please check whether the Access points are rebooting randomly even after the Access points are upgraded to same version.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

You asked me to downgrade the firmware to a lower version which I did yesterday. I am on 200.9. All APs are on the same version. 

I was on 200.14 before and you asked me to downgrade. 

We are going around in circles here. 

Hi @pushpa_hegde 

For detailed understanding of the issue please follow the below steps and share the output of the below commands.

1- To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘currently’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch

-We can try the IP address that shows in the dashboard copy and paste it in the URL if that redirects you to the login page for the ICX-7150-C12P that is the correct one if not.

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2-Once we identified the IP address of the switch proceed to access remote to the device 'command Line' 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access to the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> or

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

Show flash

Show version

Show inline power

Show inline power detail

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Here you go -

Ruckus1.pngRuckus2.pngRuckus3.pngRuckus4.pngRuckus5.png