cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP R510 not powering up

yuexiongfeng
New Contributor

I'm the current home owner located at Seawind Way, Newark, CA 94560.  I'm reaching out regarding the Ruckus AP R510 that is installed on the ceiling on the second floor that has the issue of not powering up properly.   The S/N# is 421802004126. We bought this home in 2022 from the first-hand home-owner. 

The power indicator light is consistently red, whether I connect it to PoE without the power adaptor or to the regular Ethernet with the power adaptor connected. Despite attempting to restart and reset the device multiple times, it remains non-functional. I have two other units in my household that are functioning properly and reliably.

I have reached out to Ruckus and they direct me to here to get the support. Thanks ahead for your support and I'm looking forward to your early response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @yuexiongfeng  

This Access point  Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sgatjens

Hi @yuexiongfeng 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

In order to help you better let me know the answer to the following questions:
1) Could you please let me know the software version your APs are running? 
2) Please share a screenshot of the APs tab:

3) How did you reset the AP with the red light?

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

yuexiongfeng
New Contributor

Hello Sofia 

Thank you for your prompt response. The situation is a bit complicate for me to handle on my own. Upon purchasing the house in 2022, we didn't set up the account for the devices left by the previous homeowner. Upon moving in, we just set up the modem and connected the ethernet cable to the ICX7150-C12P-2X1G. Subsequently, we connected the cables from the PoE ports to each R510 access point on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. Currently, the R510 APs on the first and third floors are powered up properly, displaying amber lights for both 5G and 2.4G. However, the R510 AP on the second floor displays a solid red power light. I've attempted to manually reset it by pressing the reset button, but the light remains unchanged, and the system hasn't restarted at all. Hence, I am seeking your assistance. Please advise on possible steps to take, considering I don't have access to the account. Thank you.

Best Regards 

Xiongfeng(Kevin) Yue

Hi @yuexiongfeng 

Thank you very much for the information provided thus far,

When you said you reset the system, did you press the reset button on the ICX7150-C12P-2X1G switch or on the AP with the red light?

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hello Sofia, 

I tried to reset the AP (with the red power light) by pressing the reset button. And I didn’t reset the switch( as the PoE ports to all the devices and Ethernet on the second and third floor are working properly), which I assume the switch has no problems. 

Best R

Kevin Yue