cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 510 5Ghz radio keeps dropping

wit
New Contributor

I have 2 SSIDs with different names. The 5Ghz radio keeps dropping intermittently while the 2.4Ghz radio is fine. No devices are able to connect during the drop out period. I've updated both my AP and ICX switch to latest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @wit 

Thank you for your response and the provided information.

Based on the current assessment, it appears that the output from the switch is functioning correctly. At this juncture, we recommend proceeding with a factory reset of your RUCKUS R510 Access Point (AP) and reconfiguring them with a new Wi-Fi Network/SSID.

Please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article linked below for detailed instructions on the AP factory reset process:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Kindly follow the outlined procedure in the article, and do not hesitate to reach out if you encounter any challenges or require assistance at any stage of the process.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @wit 

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information provided regarding the issues with your RUCKUS setup, specifically the intermittent internet connectivity from the 5GHz radio band. 

In order to assist you more effectively, we kindly request further details by addressing the following queries:

1. Could you please provide the current running versions (SPS or SPR on Switch) of your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and R510 Access Points? We kindly ask for screenshots displaying this information for better assessment.

2. Was your setup previously functional, or is this a new installation? If it was operational before, have you experienced any power outages prior to encountering this issue?

3. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly specify which lights are currently active. Additionally, please help with a photo displaying the light status and the complete switch panel, including cable connections to the switch ports.

4. Is your internet connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and operational? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi network or via an ethernet cable directly from the router to a laptop/PC.

We kindly request images of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch, showcasing the status of the lights and the cable connections to the switch ports. 

Prior to uploading the photos, please log in to your RUCKUS account to facilitate the upload process.

We await your responses to ALL the above queries. 

Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi 

Imran_ruckus

Hi @wit 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. Please help us with the requested information.

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

wit
New Contributor

Hi,

1. attached images

2. Not new installation. It used to work fine. No recent power outages.

3. Yes, switch lights are working (included picture)

4. My ISP is a very stable fiber connection. And 2.4Ghz clients never lose connection.

Thanks

IMG_7390.jpg

msedge_DUUr2hN616.pngmsedge_iqCy2QhuA0.png

Hello @wit 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your prompt response and for providing additional details.

Based on the status of the lights observed on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it appears to be functioning normally. 

Upon reviewing the image you shared, it seems that the ethernet cable originating from the ISP’s Router or Modem/Router combo is connected to an incorrect port on the Switch panel.

For optimal functionality, the ethernet cable should be plugged into any one of the 1-12 ports, as depicted in the provided screenshot. We kindly request that you disconnect the ethernet cable from its current port and reinsert it into the appropriate port. Following this adjustment, please reboot the system by unplugging and replugging it from the power outlet. Subsequently, attempt to check the stability of  internet connection via the Access Points.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message and feel free to reach out should you require further clarification or assistance. 

Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi