cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rucks ICX 7150-C12P not working

EricCaballero
New Contributor

My rucks Router just stop working, there was no power outage when it stopped. The Rucks router is connected to a power strip that shares power with other devices that are powered up. I disconnected and reconnected  the power cable on the Rucks devices and its still not showing any lights at the bottom. When I reconnect the power cable I see a orange light flash on for a second and then it turns off.  I have attached pictures showing the bottom sockets with no lights on and other one with other devices powered up. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jayavidhya

Hi @EricCaballero

Please answer to the next questions in details.

1:Are the Access points getting power?

2:If the Access Points are getting power, can you connect to the SSID/Wi-Fi ID?

3:Is the SSID/Wi-Fi ID from the Access Point is slow, but the AT&T work fine?

4:Please confirm if the ICX7150 Switch SYS LED light is amber or green?

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello Jayavidhya,

I have answered your question as best as I could below:

1:Are the Access points getting power? No neither of the 2 access have any power. I attached a picture

2:If the Access Points are getting power, can you connect to the SSID/Wi-Fi ID? not the network that comes form this is down so cant get on.

3:Is the SSID/Wi-Fi ID from the Access Point is slow, but the AT&T work fine? My internet provider is working I have a different router that is putting out a signal but is different that the Ruckus.

4:Please confirm if the ICX7150 Switch SYS LED light is amber or green. There is no lights on, attached is a picture. 

it says I can't attach pictures 

Hi @EricCaballero

Thank you for the details provided, according to your description, it seems that your Switch (ICX7150 Switch) may be stuck in boot mode, so in order to fix it, you need to get access via console, using two connections one is for console access using the USB to type C cable (the USB will be connected on your computer and the type C on your ICX7150 Switch) now the second connection will be an Ethernet cable from your computer to the out-of-band port on your ICX 7150 Switch) don't worry the next guide explains the port locations and there are pictures about it, however I will advise performing a hard factory reset first, let me add the steps.

1:Factory reset:

1. Remove power from the switch.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  3. After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

When all the system LEDs blink green, all the configuration data are erased and the switch is returned to its factory configuration. When all the system LEDs are solid green, the erase process is complete and the system reloads. Once reloaded and the SYST LED is steady green, the factory reset is complete.

Ruckus ICX 7150/7650 -ERASE SYSTEM TO FACTORY DEFAULT WITH RESET BUTTON(Tutorial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4&t=1s

2:If the Switch is not responding to the factory reset, you need to perform the software recovery process,

Please read the guide carefully before start the steps.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Ruckus ICX Recovery tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=7s

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello Jayavidhya,

I tried to do the complete step 1 ( factory reset) but the same behavior is observed, the orange lights lights up one time when the power is connected but the status lights never comes back on afterwards. I held the reset up to 30 seconds and same behavior is observed. image taken after attend to reset