cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Code Issues

mrq201
New Contributor

Let me try to be as clear as possible.

After reading many forums, I the routing preference on my Switch (ICX 7150) is messed up.
The running Image version is Complied on Sep 23 2019 at 00:00:25 labeled as SPR08090d.  I think this is why when I am using the Extender, my internet lags and sometimes do not work. 

I followed something else I saw on these forums where it instructed me to go to the Boot Sequence (using the GUI)..

Let's fix the issue, please follow the following steps to fix the issue, forcing the Switch to boot from the primary partition containing the SPS (switching code).

Configure left>System>Boot sequence>Select primary flash >ADD>Save>yes

When it comes back this time, the Switch should boot from its primary partitions.
(link to the steps) https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Mine looks just like his. 

i followed those instructions and it did not work.

I only have access to a Mac and I tried to SSH into the switch using the Command line.  I run into a problem when it asks for a password.  I have tried the lists of passwords provided by Ruckus and NOTHING works.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mrq201 

Thank you for the response and the information. 

Please refer to the below information and perform the commands to copy the SPS Code on both the partitions.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please confirm once it’s done and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Imran_ruckus

Hi @mrq201 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is on SPR flash code and you are trying to bring it on SPS flash code.

Could you please share the screenshot showing the below information to assist you further?

Please share the ALL above queries and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

IMG_21571.jpgIMG_21516.jpgIMG_21515.jpg

Hi @mrq201 

Thank you for the response and information. 

Please follow the process once again to bring your partition to the primary which is on SPS Code. (Also, sharing it below once again)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Step-by-step screenshots below:

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thats what I did yesterday but it didn't work.  I will try it again.