cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Switch

busch007
New Contributor

Hello - I received my replacement Switch and wondering if i need to do anything special to set it up? Do I just hook up the wires as before? what should the lights look like if working correctly? Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @busch007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying to set up your new RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

From the pictures you shared, as per the light status and the cable connections, they seem to be normal. Are you able to see a Wi-Fi SSID broadcasted from your RUCKUS R510 Access Points and connect to the Internet with the same?

Please note, that Amber lights on 2.4G and 5G is a normal behavior.

If 2.4G and 5G lights are amber, it states that the connectivity is up and there are no devices/clients connected. When any device/client connects to the 2.4 or 5G radio the lights turn green. Please refer to the below link for more information about the light status of the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_0043.jpegIMG_0042.jpegHere are pics of the lights. The power flashes green every second or so. The 3 g and 5 g lights are not on or no green. 

Hi @busch007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please unplug the ethernet cables from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router and Access Points? And plug them into any other 1 in-12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot.

Once the above process is done, please reboot (Unplug and plug from the power outlet) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router once.

Check the behavior once you follow the above steps and please confirm if you have the same issue or if it gets fixed.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

IMG_0044.jpegDid as instructed and the power is now solid green, but the 3 g and 5 g are solid orange. Waited 10 min and no change.

Hi @busch007 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

From the pictures you shared, as per the light status and the cable connections, they seem to be normal. Are you able to see a Wi-Fi SSID broadcasted from your RUCKUS R510 Access Points and connect to the Internet with the same with your wireless device?

Please note, that Amber lights on 2.4G and 5G is a normal behavior.

If 2.4G and 5G lights are amber, it states that the connectivity is up and there are no devices/clients connected. When any device/client connects to the 2.4 or 5G radio the lights turn green. Please refer to the below link for more information about the light status of the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi