cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset, Config and Licensing

michaelgschmitt
New Contributor

Hello, I am a second homeowner and was not provided any passwords to the existing equipment (ICX7150,R10s). Therefore, I factory reset all of my devices. My questions are as follows:

1. Was there any licensing included with the devices to allow for Cloud mgmt?
  2. Do the devices support more advanced features such as VLANs, Guest Isolation (for my guest network), etc.
  3. Were there standard config put in place for these devices that I can obtain, that may have some of these features implemented?
7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @michaelgschmitt 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance with the RUCKUS device configurations.

Please find the below answers to your queries:

1. Was there any licensing included with the devices to allow for Cloud mgmt?

- No, there are no licensing systems included for the Lennar Home RUCKUS device setup. Licensing and cloud management are included for the enterprise customers for paid services.

2. Do the devices support more advanced features such as VLANs, Guest Isolation (for my guest network), etc.

- Yes, the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch supports VLAN configuration. You can create a separate guest WLAN network/SSID using RUCKUS Access Point’s Unleashed System. (Refer to the below link for same)

https://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.3/t-DeployingAGuestWLAN.html

3. Were there standard config put in place for these devices that I can obtain, that may have some of these features implemented?

- RUCKUS Lennar Home devices are pre-configured with the default configurations required for Lennar Home users. Even after reset, there will be the same set of configurations present.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

@Imran thank you for the response. 

While I understand this is out of your control it appears that no one has that about second homeowner scenario. I have been doing system and cloud administration for about 20 years now and was able to get through the process. There is absolutely no way that my wife would have been able to manage the entire factory reset, configuration, and firmware update process. In most cases someone like my wife would be the typical homeowner. Compared to other solutions I have used (Meraki,Ubiquity,Fortinet), I found it a bit cumbersome. Documentation seems to be lacking or contradicting as well, specifically for the Lennar home setup. 

In regards to your response, "Even after reset, there will be the same set of configurations present." 

1. There was little to no config after factory reset. 

2. The app is still unable to add my ICX switch, even after multiple firmware upgrades.

I would be happy to speak with someone on the Lennar home product team to provide feedback and opportunities for improvement. 

Hi @michaelgschmitt 

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

Please note, after resetting the default configurations will be present in the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, not Access Points.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you further?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I was able to configure the uplink to the ISP modem, an AP Group, WAPs, SSIDs, enable ssh, and LLDP. 

As you can see from the output of my ssh session the WAPs are on 1/1/2 and 1/1/4. 

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#sh mac-address | i ca40
54ec.2f0e.ca40 1/1/2 Dynamic
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#sh mac-address | i f7e0
4cb1.cd2a.f7e0 1/1/4 Dynamic

However, I only see the Master WAP in the arp command.

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#sh arp | i f7e0
9 192.168.0.27 4cb1.cd2a.f7e0 Dynamic 0 1/1/4 Valid
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#sh arp | i ca40
SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#

From the Android app I can see the second WAP does have 192.168.0.25.

I was then able to update the Switch firmware. However, I am still unable to add the switch to the app or web mgmt.

michaelgschmitt_0-1702523477871.png

Here is the output of a sh ver:

SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch#sh ver
Copyright (c) Ruckus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.
UNIT 1: compiled on May 6 2022 at 23:24:50 labeled as SPS08095g
(31457280 bytes) from Secondary SPS08095g.bin (UFI)
SW: Version 08.0.95gT211
Compressed Secondary Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.24T225 (mnz10124)
Compiled on Thu Apr 21 00:08:52 2022

HW: Stackable ICX7150-C12-POE
==========================================================================
UNIT 1: SL 1: ICX7150-C12-2X1G POE 12-port Management Module
Serial #:FEK3849Q106
Software Package: BASE_SOFT_PACKAGE
Current License: 2X1G
P-ASIC 0: type B160, rev 11 Chip BCM56160_B0
UNIT 1: SL 2: ICX7150-2X1GC 2-port 2G Module
UNIT 1: SL 3: ICX7150-2X10GF 2-port 20G Module
1000 MHz ARM processor ARMv7 88 MHz bus
8 MB boot flash memory
2 GB code flash memory
1 GB DRAM
STACKID 1 system uptime is 1 day(s) 1 hour(s) 58 minute(s) 32 second(s)
The system started at 18:34:18 Mountain Tue Dec 12 2023

The system : started=warm start reloaded=by "reload"

Please let me know what I need to configure so I can manage my switch from the app/web.