cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace My switch and AP’s from Lennar

Gregdomenicucci
New Contributor

I want my AP’s and Switch from Lennar replaced under warranty. Every time the power goes out or an internet outage the access points and switch have issues. Websites won’t load wifi is intermittent. And it’s 100% the access point and or switch since connecting to the wireless router from Verizon there are zero issues. Most of my neighbors do not have this issue so it’s probably not a software issue especially after replacing the Verizon router from the street and the wireless router I still have issues. Resetting the switch was a huge mistake.

I tried following your suggested troubleshooting. After getting my doctorate in computer science from all your links and YouTube channels still can’t figure this out. 

19 REPLIES 19

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Gregdomenicucci 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your Internet Connection is Unstable via the RUCKUS setup.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

And to avoid this issue in the future, we need to Upgrade your Switch to a latest stable version. Before that, follow the below process and help us with the queries.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

I have spent a frustrating 6 frustrating hours over 2 days trying to get this to work or follow the instructions and still can not get this to work. Your response is unacceptable I am not an IT professional and should not have to be an expert to fix these issues. I am more knowledgeable with technology than most but this is a ridiculous ask of someone with no coding or networking background let alone a person who has no knowledge of technology or computers. Sounds like you should develop a patch to fix this issue between SPR and SPS. If you know that this model in particular is used by Lennar Homes since I’m sure you probably worked a major purchase and support deal with them then it should be a much simpler fix. I’ve downloaded 5 different programs I’ve never heard of before.

By absolute miracle after trying 3 different physical connections to the switch I get into the switch via Putty via but now what ? I entered the commands you gave me. I try to log into ruckus wireless on the app and browser and says I’m not connected to the unleashed network even though I am on both devices!

No wonder why the telephone support was cut off from lennar home owners because this is extremely complicated.

Hi @Gregdomenicucci 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the Update.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and we understand your concern.

Please note, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

And please note that this forum is on best effort basis.

Could you please share the output of those commands if you can log in to the CLI via Putty?

Please let me know if you are stuck at any point. We are happy to help you.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_4215.jpeg