cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Issue with no Resolution - ICX 7150 keep getting to boot mode every time we lose power

helbastawisy
New Contributor

This is a repeated issue. The ruckus closes the case with no resolution. The unit is at my residence and by the time we receive a response I am at work. The same issue keeps repeating and the same answers I get, to reset.

In brief, the unit gets to reboot mode every time we lose power. The STAT amber light is on and the POWER green light is on. There are five access points connected. This is repeated many times. My home network is not working for a few weeks. Please advise

helbastawisy_0-1710257492224.jpeg

helbastawisy_2-1710257536588.jpeg

helbastawisy_3-1710257565963.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks, Imarn.

I am not sure if Ruckus thinks that the client is their employee and has the time to waste. I am planning to file a complaint with BBB against Ruckus.

Meanwhile, please hold for me till the weekend so I can have time to go through this process again.

Stay well.

Hi @helbastawisy 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies, as per the company policies we must try the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Please note, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

This forum is on best best-effort support basis.

Could you please share a Picture showing the software recovery cable connections between the Switch and Laptop?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

The reset works. I'm not sure how long this will be. If the problem arises again. What to do? I hope I don't have to waste much time this time, and that Ruckus accepts responsibility so that the resolution can be swift.

The Ruckus Unleashed application does not. It keeps telling me, "You are not connected to the Unleashed network." "Go to the settings."

I am on my network; what should I do?

Thanks,

Hi @helbastawisy 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

The boot mode issue usually happens when your Switch is on an older version, to avoid this you may need to upgrade your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch to a stable version. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help upgrade guide.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

And I understand that you are unable to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your Smartphone.

This is a known issue when your RUCKUS Access Points are on an older version which doesn’t let you log into the Unleashed application. To assist you in upgrading your RUCKUS Access Points please help us with the below details.

Please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/  to upgrade the RUCKUS Unleashed Access Points.

Please make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Wi-Fi Network to access the same.

If you don’t know the login username/password, please try using the default username and passwords provided below.

Once you are able to log into the Unleashed system, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help articles and upgrade your RUCKUS Unleashed Access Points to the suggested version.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Once you upgrade your ALL Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application and install the updated one. And try to log in.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks, Imran.

I upgraded the App and it is working. Thanks

Is there a setting for automatic upgrades for both the switch and the AP?