cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-connect Ruckus Switch to Ruckus Access Points

aubreyruckus
New Contributor

I purchased a Lennar home in 2019 that has a Ruckus ICX-7150-C12P switch and two Ruckus R510 access points.

In March of 2024, I removed the Ruckus switch and replaced it with a simple Netgear switch because I wanted to go from having two networks (my AT&T network and my Ruckus network), to having only the AT&T network. That was my way of streamlining my setup so any future problems would be easier to troubleshoot and resolve. 

I never changed the configuration or settings of the two access points. They do not currently have power, but they are still installed in the ceiling and they have not been touched. When I eliminated the Ruckus switch, of course that cut power to the two Ruckus access points.

I now rely on the signal from only my AT&T router to provide wifi to the entire house, but I have discovered that it can't reach all places, so I need to reinstall the Ruckus switch so I can get signal from the two Ruckus access points again. 

It's possible the two cables coming from the access points are sitting idle (not plugged into anything) in my smart closet, so when I move the cables from the Netgear switch back to the Ruckus switch, I would likely need to also plug the two unused access points cables into the Ruckus switch as well. 

My question is - if I simply plug in the AC power, the two idle access point cables, and the AT&T router back into the Ruckus switch, would the access points instantly start working again? Or would there be some additional setup that would need to be done to get the switch and access points working again? I'm hoping it will all be plug & play and just automatically pick up where it left off seven months ago. 

2 REPLIES 2

pinky_ruckus

Hello @aubreyruckus ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are looking to change the Netgear router to Ruckus Switch and need assistance in setting up the Ruckus network.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article describing the setup process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/RUCKUS-Lennar-Home-devices-C...

Please let us know if you are able to connect after following this article.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

pinky_ruckus

Hello @aubreyruckus ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.