cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Power AP R510

Ruckus2
New Contributor

Hi there.  I have now received two replacement units.  Both units also had no power despite connecting to the POE and 12 volt plug.  The same 12 volt plug has no problem powering other devices, so I know the plug is working fine.

What else can be done besides continuing to receive new units?  Is there a possible technical issue here?

17 REPLIES 17

Imran_ruckus

Hello @Ruckus2 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your response and the update.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are not powering up.

To troubleshoot the Access Point with the Red PWR LED, I recommend connecting it to an external 12VDC power adapter separately, without utilizing the Switch PoE port cable. You can typically find a suitable 12VDC adapter connected to your ISP's Router or Modem-Router combo device, as depicted in the provided screenshot.

Once connected, please attempt to reset the Access Point physically following the instructions outlined in the following resource:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

For guidance on setting up Ruckus Unleashed using the web interface, you may refer to the following YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

After resetting the Access Point, observe if there are any changes in the LED status.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding as we work towards resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Ruckus2 

Greetings!!!

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to kindly request information regarding the details mentioned in my previous communication. Your prompt response would greatly facilitate our progress.

Thank you once again for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi there,

When plugging in the new replacement units, with either POE or 12 volt, none of them light up.

Other devices I own power up just fine with the 12 volt plug, so it appears to be something to do with the AP’s.

Hi @Ruckus2 

Greetings!

Thank you for your prompt response and the provided information.

I would appreciate it if you could confirm the number of Access Points experiencing issues. As per our records, ONE Access Point underwent the RMA process on the 22nd of last month.

Your confirmation on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.