cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 has no power

Dhill1015
New Contributor III

Having issues, not getting power to to my R510. Ive pushed the reset button for 30sec and unplugged from power source.  David Hill

12 REPLIES 12

Yarenis

Hi @Dhill1015

If you have all the next Symptoms, please follow up the guide I will add to fix your issue, I will advise reading all the guide carefully to ensure you have all we require to star the troubleshooting.

Symptoms:

*The Switch will not provide power to any PoE devices (Doorbell, cameras, even the Access Points).

*Will not have connectivity to the devices connected to the Switch.

*The ISP router will work fine.

*Console access will be the only access available.

*System light will be yellow/orange/Amber.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Dhill1015
New Contributor III

I have reset the AP and the Ruckus also have unplugged the POE devices.  Also have unplugged the power source.  I've checked the GFCI to make sure it was working.  All is good for power entering the Ruckus.  When I unplug the different ports then plug back in I saw no power light.  I don't have a computer to connect my ethernet cable to.  This is a little unorthodox for the steps that I have to follow through a post/email setting.  Simply because of the source of my purchase.  I should be able to make a call to the manufacture for a resolution.  Instead, I'm having to wait for a return post/email in hopes that my connectivity is established.  I'm not happy about the way this is being handled.  What steps do I need to take next to find a resolution?

Hi @Dhill1015 

I understand that the process is a bit lengthy however to fix your problem performing software recovery will be the only option, and the computer is necessary, as the only way to access the switch is through the console.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Dhill1015
New Contributor III

One concern I have with the updating the software is how would this be a solution when the Ruckus not receiving power?