cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 PWR light blinking green and not getting IP address

Cbaddy
New Contributor II

I have a ICX7150-C12 switch and 2 R510 AP's.  I updated the switch to a new version last year (July 2023) after a power outage.  Since then, everything has been working fine, but 2 days ago, my secondary AP no longer would get an IP address.  The master still works fine and I'm able to use it, but the slave doesn't. 

The AP version on the Master is 200.15.6.212.14 and the slave is 200.14.6.1.199.  I'm unable to update the slave since it shows as offline.  When i check the switch, the green light next to the ethernet connection is not solid green like the master AP.  Maybe a PoE issue?  

As I said, everything has been working fine for about a year, and nothing has recently changed in my setup.  Devices that are connected via Ethernet like my PS5 have no issues.  It's just this specific AP.  I've tried changing ethernet ports and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Cbaddy ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that the Master and Slave APs are of different firmware and the slave AP is showing offline.

Please try connecting the slave Access Point to an external power 12 VDC adapter (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/modem router combo device. Once you connect please factory reset the slave Access Point and upgrade to the same version as Master.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article for the Access Point upgrade process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Cbaddy
New Contributor II

I have tried numerous times to reset the device, but it's very confusing.  I reset, the PWR light turns red then after a few minutes the PWR light blinks green. 

I do see the "configure.me-XXXXX" SSID in my wifi scanning list.  When I associate then go to unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, it shows it to be configured.  I then enter my existing SSID and password (the same as the Master) and it goes through the setup process and rebooting.  Afterwards, it says it is successful, but the AP doesn't show up. 

When I associate to the Master SSID and log back into the dashboard, I see my switch and Master AP, but that's it.  I also still see the configure.me-xxxxx network in my SSID, which makes me believe the setup didn't work properly.  

Are there any logs I can get for you?  What should be the next step?

Hello @Cbaddy ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you are still unable to see the second AP online after performing the reset.

Could you please confirm if you have connected the second AP to the 12 VDC external power adapter as mentioned in the previous post and tried to perform an upgrade on the second AP?

If yes, please confirm if both the APs are of the same version.

Once if they both are of same firmware version, you could try connecting the second AP to the Switch and it will sync.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello @Cbaddy ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.