cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP no power, no lights after power outage last week. WiFi working but not AP

Beanwinker
Visitor

I have a Lennar Home with Ruckus.   After the power outage my R510  AP has gone dark - no lights and the connection to the switch does not show any light.  Other ethernet lights all blinking.   I have tried to read the techincal solutions here but way above my expertise.  Also, I have only Apple Mac computers so most instruntions are for PCs.

Ready to garbage the whole Ruckus system.  I have tried powering off the Switch and the internet router to no avail.  

Can someone please explain in simple english what to do please?  Or does anyone have a phone number for a service rep to come out to the house to fix the problem?    Thanks - Sid

9 REPLIES 9

pinky_ruckus

Hi @Beanwinker ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that the Access points are not turning on after the  power outage.

On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_1167.jpeg

Beanwinker
Visitor

I am trying to take photos but the unit is mounted in a cabinet with all the other equipment in the Lennar system.   The Switch is upside down so hard to get a photo.  The only thing without a light  on is the cable going to the AP in the living room.  Hope this helps.   - Sid

IMG_1169.jpeg

Hello @Beanwinker ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response you shared.

From the pictures you shared, the lights on the Switch is normal and switch is working and there are no lights in the access points, it is always good to check if the PoE is disabled or not.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to check if the PoE is disabled and to fix the issue if it is disabled.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Please follow the process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.