cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One AP not getting powered.

vivjain604
New Contributor

Greetings,

We have 4 APs in our Lennar home. One of the AP, which is in topmost floor (3rd Floor), does not seem to be getting powered on, all indicators are without light. 

When checking the corresponding Ethernet line in the ruckus main switch, that Ethernet port also has no light. We tried plugging in that Ethernet into other available ports but still no green light.

The loft ceiling is very high and not accessible via common 3 step ladder, so we couldn't try swapping AP to see if it's the Ethernet wire is the issue or if it's the AP itself.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayavidhya

Hi @ vivjain604

Remove the access point from ceiling and please try to connect a new Ethernet cable. If the issue persists please share the picture of the access points connecting to the switch and its still not getting power.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya 

Lennar Home Community

For testing the new Ethernet cable we will have to tear the house apart as the Ethernet cable is running from basement ruckus switch via the three floors. When you mentioned try a new Ethernet cable, I'm not exactly sure if you really meant that, as that's very obvious to try replacing a cable. Aren't there other mechanism to see if the wire is really bad, or is it just the end points on the Ethernet cable which could be looked at for possible issues or the access point itself. As I mentioned it's hard to reach the ceiling and if there are other simpler troubleshooting steps we could try.

Hi @vivjain604

What I meant to explain is I wanted you to remove the access point from ceiling leading to the location where the switch is connected and test it with the other ethernet cable.

Note: With these you can confirm if the issue is with the ethernet cable or the access point, please share the picture incase if the access point is not powering up after testing with the other ethernet cable.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community