cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No lights on access points

theabancroft
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus system and two access points. Neither access point is lit up. One is located on the 1st floor the other on the second floor. The light on the main box is blue and blinking. Both 1st and 2nd floor Ethernet cables are connected to the POE ports on the main box as well as my cable modem. They were working fine and then I noticed my internet was slow as I moved away from where my modem is connected noticing that none of the lights on either access points are lit.

any ideas what could be the problem?

21 REPLIES 21

theabancroft
New Contributor

As I'm sifting through the forum I came across some responses that could be the cause. We did have power outages recently. However, I don't have a clue what a CLI is or how to reset it. I can unplug and plug things back in...haha. So if someone could please help me do this by the simplest terms possible assuming it needs a reset. Thank you!

bottom of boxbottom of boxtop of boxtop of box

Hi @theabancroft 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is unstable after a power outage.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Downloaded LanScan and hit the start landscape button. I don't see anything that says Ruckus in the scan I did. what now?